Eric is Quiet

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

3 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I wish 

Homecoming , Far from home and even No way home dont really have new consequences to the greater mcu, mostly to peter himself so just dont watch them from the moment you dont like them that is.

Edited by john2000

1 minute ago, Cap said:

Well… maybe If they weren’t riffing off the worst spider-man storyline in comics, 💁‍♀️💁‍♀️

That they significantly improved Civil War from the comics gives me some hope here, but yeah.

• Like 2

Sandman was the best part of Spider Man 3.

The biggest issues with that movie was Venom and the emo Peter stuff. It just really didn’t work.

This movie will probably be a mess but at least it’s looks fun. Also the idea of the villains going back to their universes means they die is sort of interesting.

I don’t think the latest trailer was great but I don’t understand the attitude towards the movie here, this is going to be the box office run of the year. Get hype lol!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, exomassey said:

The biggest issues with that movie was Venom and the emo Peter stuff. It just really didn’t work.

This movie will probably be a mess but at least it’s looks fun. Also the idea of the villains going back to their universes means they die is sort of interesting.

I don’t think the latest trailer was great but I don’t understand the attitude towards the movie here, this is going to be the box office run of the year. Get hype lol!

This forum has a tendency to be overly negative.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, exomassey said:

The biggest issues with that movie was Venom and the emo Peter stuff.

I kind of agree with you, but also kind of don't. Most of the Sandman stuff was better than Venom and Emo-Man, but the retcon of Uncle Ben's death involving him was worse than both of those things combined.

edit: Actually, I kind of liked the emo Peter stuff, it's just that Uncle Ben aside, Sandman was better.

Edited by Orestes

Personally while HC and FFH weren’t bad they are mainly Carried by the villains. I don’t find Peter and his supporting cast that compelling. Feels like I am watching Disney channel movies at times. Homecoming especially also suffered from a flat look and weak Action. Watts definitely improved on the action remit though in FFH

the multiverse/Raimi/Garfield stuff is the main reason I am super exited for NWH

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Orestes said:

I kind of agree with you, but also kind of don't. Most of the Sandman stuff was better than Venom and Emo-Man, but the retcon of Uncle Ben's death involving him was worse than both of those things combined.

Oh yeah I agree here but I meant more like Sandman is more of an interesting character especially visually. 

Also Sandman and Lizard look more like background characters here anyway. Electro, Doc Ock and Goblin will get the spotlight.

29 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I don't think Jon Watts is problem. I think the problem is we don't need this many Spider-Man movies.

Look how far placed MCU other properties are. Just because Sony wanna milk it, they gonna throw Spidey in ditch like last two times.

Homecoming was an excellent movie. FFH whole plot was a shame. NWH continues that.

I hope this deal end really soon.

Wow, Why do you dislike FFH? Is your dislike directed to Holland or Sony? Well, Even though I rarely speak - your hate made me curious. In FFH, The only thing bad was making Mysterio's whole reveal of multiverse mute by the end, but other than that... there wasn't much to dislike...

As much as I like 1st two Raimi's Spiderman - I simply hated 3rd one. It completely distorted what I loved about tobey's previous portrayals and it's hard to explain to others. Amazing wasn't bad for 1st movie but its wasn't gr8 either. Then, came Homecoming and its was refreshingly good. People bash on him being Iron man Junior but that's 'em being just mean, he finished his fight by himself anyway.

8 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

We can then peacefully ignore them like New Mutants.

Do whatever shit they wanna do with old spideys, just refrain from tempering MCU big picture timeline/continuity.

Marvel can't really leave Spiderman franchise completely to Sony... though as a Box office analyst you may not care anything that ain't office.

From 2010, When MCU has formed... Avengers and Co. have made $7 Billion from Merchandise but Spiderman alone has made $11.6 Billion in merchandise sale [Not Counting 2021 Sales]  <-- This amount doesn't include Video games, Movies or TVs...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Personally while HC and FFH weren’t bad they are mainly Carried by the villains. I don’t find Peter and his supporting cast that compelling. Feels like I am watching Disney channel movies at times. Homecoming especially also suffered from a flat look and weak Action. Watts definitely improved on the action remit though in FFH

the multiverse/Raimi/Garfield stuff is the main reason I am super exited for NWH

True. 

The multiverse stuff is making this movie an event. 

I liked Far from Home and Homecoming and wasn’t really excited for the third one but this movie is now Avengers level.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

Retconning Uncle Ben's death and Harry getting amnesia are the real problems in SM3.  You can pry Emo Peter from my cold dead hands!!

d634f194b64f77121b3d47dbe85d245e.gif

Thats true, they didnt need to do these things and they certainly shouldnt have brought up venom or at least make him a villain just yet.

Edited by john2000

1 minute ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Anyone else find it interesting that all of Spiderman's villains are based on the natural predators of the spider? :redcapes:

some of them but certainly not all of them ? you have mysterio,green goblin,venom,kingpin etc 🤣

• Haha 1