Eric S'ennui

Spider-Man: No Way Home | December 17, 2021 | The More Fun Stuff Version (yes, that's what it's called) comes to theaters September 2nd!

8 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

I just don't understand how Marvel Studios who use to produce mostly quality CBMs has suddenly become monotonous and has lost it touch.

Or maybe it's just the trailers and movie will be great 

the last 2 movie where very good, eternals and shang chi and their trailers arent anything fantastic.....you may not like this movie in the end, but you can hardly know based on the trailer as you said.There have been many times where the trailer to a movie is good even though the movie itself is bad and vise versa

Edited by john2000
  • Like 9

23 minutes ago, john2000 said:

the last 2 movie where very good, eternals and shang chi and their trailers arent anything fantastic.....you may not like this movie in the end, but you can hardly know based on the trailer as you said.There have been many times where the trailer to a movie is good even though the movie itself is bad and vise versa

Maybe you are right. 

I didn't like the Eternals promo much but ended up loving the movie. Shang-Chi is also really good. 

Maybe it's just the editing. But still I think they could have cut better trailers for such a high profile movie. 

2 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

Maybe you are right. 

I didn't like the Eternals promo much but ended up loving the movie. Shang-Chi is also really good. 

Maybe it's just the editing. But still I think they could have cut better trailers for such a high profile movie. 

Oh no question about that, though i have to say sony in general hasnt impressed me with their trailer skills to be honest

• Like 1

6 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Trailer 2 Views. 4.5 hours.

You Tube - 35M (15M main channel)
Twitter - 13M (12.6M main handle)
Facebook - 6.5M (5.7M main handle)
Instagram - 19M+ (3.1M Tom, 1.7M Zendaya, 3.7M Marvel Studio, 4.5M Marvel, 3.3M Spider-man movie)

Total - 74M+

Will go 225M+

Main You Tube channel will try single channel record of 40M+ for Endgame & KGF 2. Should go for 50M.

Looking at 5 hours, YT is well ahead, and that's what really matters. Other platforms lagging begind.

11 Hours views

You Tube - 66M (24M main channel)
Twitter - 19M (17.5M main handle)
Facebook - 12M+ (9.6M main handle)
Instagram - 35M+ (7.1M Tom, 3.2M Zendaya, 5.6M Marvel Studio, 7.7M Marvel, 5.2M Spider-man movie)

Total - 132M+

250M is still possible, depending on how Chinese non-official views does.

• Astonished 2

people hate on Jon Watts for making Spider-Man movies look "visually bland or w/e" when most of phase 3 and onwards Marvel films have had that grey filter and audiences liked it every time. so it's a non-issue, it's just how successful blockbuster films have adapted to look like. 

a better criticism would be why is Spidey complaining to Doctor Strange about his personal issues instead of trying to solve them by himself. after FFH we were already on track to for Holland to be a more responsible and independent Spider-Man so that plot point felt like a step down to me imo.

7 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

people hate on Jon Watts for making Spider-Man movies look "visually bland or w/e" when most of phase 3 and onwards Marvel films have had that grey filter and audiences liked it every time. so it's a non-issue, it's just how successful blockbuster films have adapted to look like. 

Financially successful doesn't mean it's good. Last "movies" with The Rock look and feel the same way as many MCU products and it's nothing to be proud of.

5 minutes ago, Firepower said:

Financially successful doesn't mean it's good. Last "movies" with The Rock look and feel the same way as many MCU products and it's nothing to be proud of.

yet many people like them so...but yeah thats true financial successful doesnt always means a good product, though there is also a arguement to be made here that your product wouldnt be as big of a success as it is if it wasnt good.

Edited by john2000
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Firepower said:

Well, I have one title for this argument - David Ayer's Suicide Squad)

i never said that this is always true,still even that movie didnt really had toxic audience wom.. (at least the time that it came)

Edited by john2000

15 hours ago, Madhuvan said:

I just don't understand how Marvel Studios who use to produce mostly quality CBMs has suddenly become monotonous and has lost it touch.

Or maybe it's just the trailers and movie will be great 

Some of us been telling ya'll since Phase 2. Maybe it's more apparent to most people now that they are dumping content in some format or other almost every month.

On a brighter note, at least they cast Jake Gyllenhaal as himself

13 minutes ago, john2000 said:

i never said that this is always true,still even that movie didnt really had toxic audience wom..

Well, 67.4% weekend drop is nothing to be proud of, it would've dropped even harder with bigger competition. But in the end James Gunn's movie paid the price.

Edited by Firepower