sfran43

Monday Numbers: Joker passes $100M mark with $9.70M

2 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Fantastic hold, that being said - dont auto expect a huge Tuesday, especially since PLF / Imax is a decent chunk of its business. +30% would already be great today. 

True. Especially with discount ticket prices. But PS is off the charts. Its bigger than Sunday. But I agree with you on 30% increase.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

True. Especially with discount ticket prices. But PS is off the charts. Its bigger than Sunday. But I agree with you on 30% increase.

Yeah, was trying to balance your earlier post with my statistics gut 😂 always seems that big Imax / PLF supers dont increase as much as others simply due to the balance effect. Would LOVE to see it go much higher. #hopes 

1 minute ago, narniadis said:

Yeah, was trying to balance your earlier post with my statistics gut 😂 always seems that big Imax / PLF supers dont increase as much as others simply due to the balance effect. Would LOVE to see it go much higher. #hopes 

Good part is in most markets PLF/Imax dont have discounts. Plus we know its BO is skewed to big cities where impact of discount prices is limited. But I have never known a movie like joker increasing more than 30%. So its better to limit expectations.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

could be heading towards a sub 50% drop. 

Be very difficult if for no other reason than the 13m previews. Needs 41.5m to get 50% without those factored in - doable yes, but not a guarantee. 48.1m which is the 50% mark overall is nearly impossible unless the film decides to have massively good holds after today. 

• Thanks 1

Joker earned another $9.72 million on Monday, a drop of 60% from its $24.375 million Sunday gross. That is just barely the biggest Monday ever in October, just above the $9.4 million gross of Venom on this frame last year. That Tom Hardy superhero flick dropped just 55% from its $21.38 million Sunday gross. Why the big difference? Well, Columbus Day fell on October 8 last year, which was Venom’s first Monday. Joker did not have that advantage, as Columbus Day is Monday the 14th this time around. Hugh Jackman’s Logan opened with $88 million over its debut frame in March of 2017, dropping 70% from its first Sunday ($24.1 million) to its first Monday ($7.2 million)...

Presuming that domestic/overseas split holds, the film has now earned around $273 million worldwide, putting it on path to pass $300 million today or early tomorrow. If it legs like Venom between now and Thursday, it’ll end the week with $128 million domestic. If it legs like Halloween or Logan, it’ll have between $132 million and $136 million by Thursday night.