sfran43

Monday Numbers: Joker passes $100M mark with $9.70M

US Army threats and security concerns may have had a small, but significant effect this weekend. Even if it is just $5M worth of box office that moves around the first few days, it could have a part in this good Monday drop.

No way to prove it of course, just a thought.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Gravity and Martian were some of the leggiest movies released in fall. But they played to wider audience. So I am not expecting > 4x legs for joker but 300m is definitely possible. We will know by this friday for sure.

The hidden genius behind the elite filmmakers is they know that true emotional experiences are the films that play to the truly widest audience possible. No, it may not include children, but it's damn near every adult. 

Remember that THE DARK KNIGHT sold more domestic tickets than any superhero film aside from Endgame. And TDK was bleak af. 

• Like 1

58.4% weekend drop gives 40.0 2nd weekend. That should be the minimum Joker should pull off.

IT1 fell 51%, Venom fell 56%, Logan fell 57%. Joker being a CBM could perform closer to Venom and Logan.

Impressive for Venom cause it's 1st Sunday was inflated by Columbus Day and it still held on well in the 2nd weekend.

Joker on the optimistic side could pull off 53-54% drop for 44-45 2nd weekend imo.

5 minutes ago, a2k said:

58.4% weekend drop gives 40.0 2nd weekend. That should be the minimum Joker should pull off.

IT1 fell 51%, Venom fell 56%, Logan fell 57%. Joker being a CBM could perform closer to Venom and Logan.

Impressive for Venom cause it's 1st Sunday was inflated by Columbus Day and it still held on well in the 2nd weekend.

Joker on the optimistic side could pull off 53-54% drop for 44-45 2nd weekend imo.

I am confident its going to do better than "norm" drop. How much better we will know after wed/thu holds.

• Like 1

9.72 Mon, 105.9 cume

Rosy projection for JOKER that would keep it on track for 3😋😋 dom

Tue-Thu

13.1 (+35%) // 119.0

7.9 (-40%) // 126.9

7.1 (-10%) // 134.0

16.0 (+125%)

21.6 (+35%)

16.2 (-25%)

= 53.8 (-44.1%) // 187.8

Edited by a2k
Columbis Day Sun change and tempered Sat bump
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, a2k said:

9.72 Mon, 105.9 cume

Tue-Thu

13.1 (+35%) // 119.0

7.9 (-40%) // 126.9

7.1 (-10%) // 134.0

16.0 (+125%)

22.4 (+40%)

14.6 (-35%)

= 53.0 (-44.9%) // 187.0

Sunday drop is big. This weekend is Columbus Day weekend

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

How much PLF/IMAX is Joker losing to Will Smith's HDR 120FPS 4K 3D movie this weekend?

A lot of the Cinemark's around here are giving their biggest PLFs to Gemini Man this weekend and I'm sure they're not too happy about it at this point because GM is absolutely flatlining in presales.

Fantastic Sunday and Monday holds but the question is how much of that is the result of people who otherwise would have gone preview night or on OD but were scared off by fears of violence? I do think this is getting great WOM though. Was approached by someone today who doesn't know me that well who said, "Have you seen that new Joker movie? It's SO good!" 😀

1 hour ago, a2k said:

9.72 Mon, 105.9 cume

Tue-Thu

13.1 (+35%) // 119.0

7.9 (-40%) // 126.9

7.1 (-10%) // 134.0

16.0 (+125%)

21.6 (+35%)

16.2 (-25%)

= 53.8 (-44.1%) // 187.8

Rosey projections always make me nervous. If the wrong crowd latches on and doesnt let go, and the film is normal instead of rosey - next weekend could be filled with despair. 

That being said, my first crack through this morning also topped 50m so I am really curious to see how the weekdays hold up. It could somehow play like an adult skewing film and be good weekdays but weak on Friday/ Saturday. 🤷‍♂️

44 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Rosey projections always make me nervous. If the wrong crowd latches on and doesnt let go, and the film is normal instead of rosey - next weekend could be filled with despair. 

That being said, my first crack through this morning also topped 50m so I am really curious to see how the weekdays hold up. It could somehow play like an adult skewing film and be good weekdays but weak on Friday/ Saturday. 🤷‍♂️

Would be fun if it beat BVS's 2nd weekend after that one had a 166 ow :lol:

Joker v Batman v Superman

• Like 1
  • Haha 1