Ryan Reynolds

Star Wars: Andor - Disney+ - September 21, 2022

I think it is fascinating turn of events that in many people' eyes..including mine..that Disney Plus SW stuff has been on the whole a lot better and lot more creative then the Theatrical Stuff since ROTJ.

Edited by dudalb

Sucks that Skarsgard, Serkis, and Shaw got left out of the nominations this year for Andor but it was a competitive year in acting and Succession was going to dominate regardless.

Andor is the best thing Star Wars has maybe ever put out anyways so it's legacy will be stronger then that.

• Like 1

Finally had time to binge-watch this whole show. It's incredible. How come we don't get more Star Wars shows like this?

It's amazing how much good writing lifts everything related with it.

Everyone acted their roles so damn well, no matter how big or small the role was. I have to give huge props to Serkis who really acted his ass off in that specific plot line. Also Gough did a wonderful job playing as a ruthless and efficient villain (and it was a cool little discovery for me to find out she voiced Yennefer in the video game The Witcher 3). It's nice to be reminded that the Empire can have competent people which makes fighting them so much more intense. 

• Like 2

why Hollywood was never in the habit of paying their screenwriters the millions that go into actors will never cease to make my mind go numb

the script is always literally the single most important part of a movie, and yet it's so often written by underpaid amateurs backed by studio writers which results in a chaotic mess.

Baffling

Well at least that's not what happened here!

• Like 1