TMP

Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania | February 17, 2023 | Competing with Eternals on RT, Competing with BvS on box office legs

Just now, eddyxx said:

I was wondering why there were hardly any new pages when i woke up just now and now i know why. you guys had me worried that no one cared about the trailer lol.

I was only half kidding when I said Disney punted the trailer to the 3Q/4Q break to keep viewers tuned in for that atrocious game.

Then again, maybe y'all should count your blessings that Disney didn't decide to punt it to the post game show.  ;) 

• Haha 1

I'm here on day one of movie release just for Jonathon Majors. I knew people who thought he was overacting on Loki were wrong and that he would be playing Kang different in the movies. I imagine each variant of Kang will have their own quirks and personalities and give Majors alot of dramatic stuff to play with. It sounds like he's using a accent here and I love it.

• Like 2

Wow, Kang isn't messing around is he? And a marvel trailer with almost no humor whatsoever and actually taking things seriously? I have a good feelings about this. This will be the movie that will set the course for the marvel phase for sure, which is what people have been wanting from what I've heard over the past year.

• Like 1

I’m down for more Cassie and Scott action and Majors looks much more interesting as Kang than Brolin did as Thanos but it feels kind of like any other “event” MCU movie and less like Ant-Man 3, which looks much less exciting to me.

• Like 1

Boyfriend said it best.

"Finally, a Marvel movie that looks like it means something again".

Wakanda Forever was meaningful but in its own contained way. And I know people were getting tired of Marvel movies being ads for the next ones but lately Marvel really has been missing that - the weight and stakes of an over arching story.

Looks great! Sticking with my $110M 3-day predict. I don't know if people are already factoring in the inflated Sunday factor due to a Monday holiday with their under $100M predicts but I think that's what'll make the difference.

Edited by Verrows
  • Like 1

Just now, eddyxx said:

I wonder why marvel released 2 posters in one day.

So they DID release another one concurrently with the trailer. I was wondering about that because as nice as yesterday's poster was, there was something about it that didn't look like the typical Marvel theatrical poster, and we know how uniform they are with those.