CJohn

Weekend Estimates - THE HUNGER GAMES | 155M

I'm trying to make the point that's a huge number. Everybody is saying their theaters are still busy and see this as proof actuals will end up higher. I don't get that.

It's not just that. We're pointing out that business today isn't that much different from yesterday. Night business will take a hit but enough to fall 30%? That's the thing that is worth debating.

Also, we went to the 5pm showing. We sat down at about 4:25 and there was nobody in the theater. At about 4:45 people started coming in and by the time the trailers started it was packed. When we got out it was busier than when we got there. There's no way this drops 30%. It'll be better than that.

Also, we went to the 5pm showing. We sat down at about 4:25 and there was nobody in the theater. At about 4:45 people started coming in and by the time the trailers started it was packed. When we got out it was busier than when we got there.There's no way this drops 30%. It'll be better than that.

Same thing happened to me. My showing was at 2:40 and we got there by 2:20. Theater was not very busy. Then a shitstorm of people kept crawling in. I blinked and the theater was damn near full. Walk ups for this film have been amazing.

same experience for on both my viewings... 5 mins before... the place gets packed... i think it had to do with family aspect... alot of them buy food togather rather than one person.. so they all wait in line and then it slowly fills up.

same experience for on both my viewings... 5 mins before... the place gets packed... i think it had to do with family aspect... alot of them buy food togather rather than one person.. so they all wait in line and then it slowly fills up.

The popcorn lines were a bitch!! Snaked around half the theater I went to. Might explain the late seatings. :P

We saw this for the second time today at the same theater we went to on Friday afternoon. Today was much busier than Friday afternoon. We get that Friday night was much busier than Sunday night's gonna be. But at my theater, Sunday afternoon Kicked Friday afternoon's butt.

The popcorn lines were a bitch!! Snaked around half the theater I went to. Might explain the late seatings. :P

Definitely, we ended up getting our seats first, claiming them, and then coming out for popcorn.

Haven't read the last 14 pages, but this has to be the greatest OW for a movie ever. Hunger Games had a greater chance of following the footsteps of John Carter, Percy Jackson and Eragon rather than HP and Twilight.

I'm trying to make the point that's a huge number. Everybody is saying their theaters are still busy and see this as proof actuals will end up higher. I don't get that.

Yes, it's a huge number and you'd expect to find packed theaters, but if they're also adding screens to cover Sun evening demand, that could easily inflate Sunday's actuals beyond the estimate based on standard drops.

Haven't read the last 14 pages, but this has to be the greatest OW for a movie ever. Hunger Games had a greater chance of following the footsteps of John Carter, Percy Jackson and Eragon rather than HP and Twilight.

Actually, I'm pretty sure this number is higher than HP1 adjusted OW. So, yah, the number is super amazing. What does NM OW adjust to?

This is easily the greatest OW of all time. there is no comparison to SM1 or any other movie. One could say something like Passion but this is at another level. I saw the movie and I am even more amazed. It is not an effects driven blockbuster nor the romantic angle was prominent. I must admit I got bored at places. So I am amazed by this number.

This is easily the greatest OW of all time. there is no comparison to SM1 or any other movie. One could say something like Passion but this is at another level. I saw the movie and I am even more amazed. It is not an effects driven blockbuster nor the romantic angle was prominent. I must admit I got bored at places. So I am amazed by this number.

Trust me, I think EVERYONE is in shock at the moment. Except for maybe BJ - who saw this coming all a long!

This is the downtown theatre, holy shit:

11:40 AM - SOLD OUT | 1:30 PM - SOLD OUT | 2:50 PM - SOLD OUT | 3:15 PM(Started 95% full) | 4:45 PM - SOLD OUT | 6:00 PM - SOLD OUT | 6:30 PM - SOLD OUT | 8:00 PM - SOLD OUT | 9:15 PM - SOLD OUT | 9:45 PM - SOLD OUT

12:15 PM(Started 95%) | 12:45 PM (Started 95+%)| 3:30 PM - SOLD OUT | 4:00 PM - SOLD OUT | 6:50 PM - SOLD OUT | 7:15 PM - SOLD OUT | 10:05 PM |10:30 PM

Trust me, I think EVERYONE is in shock at the moment. Except for maybe BJ - who saw this coming all a long!

Actually, even his high-end was low. He's upped his prediction to just under 500M now.