TMP

Joker: Folie a Deux | October 4, 2024 | Lady Gaga is Harley Quinn in this 200M+ musical sequel

2 hours ago, Belakor said:

Watch "Lee" be just another hallucination and not a real person. lMAO

You could be right, but making Harley so delusional would be false to the Harley people love. She is a crazy, yes, but a different kind of crazy.

And Philips seems to be the kind of director for whom making Harleynot Harley would be a clever idea..

2 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

Joker Folie a Deux | Updated Domestic Opening Weekend Range: $60M – $100

https://www.boxofficepro.com/long-range-forecast-terrifier-3/

Some people may think that what’s funny here is a 67% wide range, but what’s even funnier is setting a 67% wide range and quite possibly missing the real value anyway 👀

• Like 1

What's really funny about this is they did not want to do a sequel  and I think Zaslav pressured Phiilips into doing it. I think the same thing happened with the Hangover with WB and Phillips. And in both cases he seems to have made movies that are middle fingers to the success and the fans of the first one.  The Hangover 2 was still a big hit though even most people hated it or really disappointed in it.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Belakor said:

Watch "Lee" be just another hallucination and not a real person. lMAO

That's the problem with movies featuring unreliable narrators like Joker. We can't be sure if whatever is happening, is even real at all. Might end up as being the usual "it was all dream" stuff, which would be lazy.

The first movie was very interesting and watchable, but the new one doesn't look interesting at all, judging by trailers, clips and even the plot. Something is off.

57 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

What's really funny about this is they did not want to do a sequel  and I think Zaslav pressured Phiilips into doing it. I think the same thing happened with the Hangover with WB and Phillips. And in both cases he seems to have made movies that are middle fingers to the success and the fans of the first one.  The Hangover 2 was still a big hit though even most people hated it or really disappointed in it.

Zaslav also supposedly wanted Phillips to be the one in charge of DC at one point, which goes to show how hilariously out of touch he is. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Zaslav also supposedly wanted Phillips to be the one in charge of DC at one point, which goes to show how hilariously out of touch he is. 

Would take Philips over Gunn TBH, cinematic universe are played out.

Edited by WorkingonaName
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Knock It Off 1

1 hour ago, WittyUsername said:

I used to work for him at Discovery before they purchased WB and the problem is he is a businessman, who doesn't even really watch or like tv or film. He is really good at saving money for companies and is big on making sure that a company gets a good ROI. But he doesnt know anything about quality projects.

I will give him credit for at least spending money with Warner because he was extremely cheap at Discovery. Talent barely made any money and he didn't put money into production at all. He always wanted to keep costs low so you had people like Honey Boo Boo and Jon and Kate signing 8 year contracts not knowing any better, basically making breadcrumbs and David would have them in horrible 360 deals.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1