TMP

Joker: Folie a Deux | October 4, 2024 | Lady Gaga is Harley Quinn in this 200M+ musical sequel

6 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Will likely end below $500M. 

Whatever this will do, would have been very good number for Joker 1 I believe.

I feel like even half a billion seems like a stretch with how toxic word of mouth is looking.

I do agree that even half a billion would've been a big success for the first movie, given that it only had a 70-something million dollar budget at most. But I can't help but feel like we wouldn't be getting a sequel at all had that outcome happened.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Lucas said:

You can be a student and get accredited to Venice, what point were you trying to make?

That properly because everybody can attend and then making videos or reviews about a movie released there that if a movie is not well received like in this case it makes noise, like it did the opposite effect with the first.

It takes real skill to sequel your own billion dollar movie with one of the most famous women on the planet who is perfectly cast for what is required only to cut her role down to an underdeveloped side gig resulting in a movie that’s supposedly worse than bad: boring. Hats off Todd Phillip, you keep us guessing!