TMP

Joker: Folie a Deux | October 4, 2024 | Lady Gaga is Harley Quinn in this 200M+ musical sequel

4 hours ago, TylerG said:

Seems like they're in fact trying to capitalize on the immediate virality. They just released a Tiktok filter based on this. Smart move from WB marketing.

here's your incel movie, bro

• ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1

On 4/10/2024 at 3:21 AM, ListenHunnyUrOver said:

It’s a full on musical with song and dance numbers. Todd is just saying it’s still a Joker movie, and a serious film. 

A musical can still be a seriious movie. I give you  West Side Story and Cabaret for exambles.

But yeah, Todd is smart in knowing the a muscial will be a hard sell to alot of the Joker's core audience so he will indulge ain  bit of misdirection.

• Like 1

It's going to be a long Six months  before the film opens, I see...................................

BTW someone mentioned the film exploring the Quinn Joker relationship as being toxic. Irony is the last two season of the Timmverse had the Joker kand Harley break up, and went as far as you could in examining that relatioship in a show that had to acceptable for kids to watch.

I think that song Harley sings in one of the episodes, "Say we Are Sweethearts Again" sume it up beautifully.

24 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

I don't think trailer views is a great way to predict box office but here's a couple recent movies that had a ton of views in 24 hours..

Thor: Love and Thunder -   Teaser trailer -   Walt Disney Studios -   209m -  April 18, 2022    

Transformers: Rise of the Beasts -  Teaser trailer -  Paramount Pictures  - 238m  - December 1, 2022    

Huh that's interesting. The trailer is out? And its been out for 24 hours? I am a social media addict and I haven't seen anyone share a single Joker related picture/meme/trailer.

38 minutes ago, Avatree said:

Huh that's interesting. The trailer is out? And its been out for 24 hours? I am a social media addict and I haven't seen anyone share a single Joker related picture/meme/trailer.

Funny, I have seen them all over the place.

Interesting choice for a “musical”.  The way they’re incooperating it as therapy for Joker is interesting. Might be the best year for WB in awhile.  

This will be one we’ll have to watch in theaters.

Edited by Cookson

6 minutes ago, Cookson said:

Interesting choice for a “musical”.  The way they’re incooperating it as therapy for Joker is interesting. Might be the best year for WB in awhile.  

This will be one we’ll have to watch in theaters.

SHades of Wandavision..except it's musical numbers instead of sitcms.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dudalb said:

A musical can still be a seriious movie. I give you  West Side Story and Cabaret for exambles.

But yeah, Todd is smart in knowing the a muscial will be a hard sell to alot of the Joker's core audience so he will indulge ain  bit of misdirection.

Or maybe he said the truth and the movie isn't strictly a musical...

Edited by efialtes76

7 hours ago, JustLurking said:

Wow. Marketing masterclass from WB tbh.

Nobody can mess with Zaslav.  He had a rough start because he had to take out the trash (literally) but since then he's done nothing but put out hit after hit and the marketing department is the best in the business.   See:  Barbie. 

1 minute ago, dallas said:

I love that they're actually leaning into the musical aspects in the marketing. 

Very entertaining to see the most annoying people I know get pissed off by this decision.  

As someone who likes the first Joker I don't like how it's a musical but it's good they're not hiding it in the marketing

1 hour ago, dallas said:

I love that they're actually leaning into the musical aspects in the marketing. 

Very entertaining to see the most annoying people I know get pissed off by this decision.  

Dare say that the chaos energy of such a decision is fairly Joker-esque.

25 minutes ago, Derpity said:

I've seen way more comments worried about people turned off by musicals than I've seen any evidence that the musical elements is turning anyone off this movie.

yes, it’s getting very tiresome. Strong echoes of the first movie where complaints about the incel concerns outnumbered actual incel concern 100:1

Edited by Hatebox