TMP

Joker: Folie a Deux | October 4, 2024 | Lady Gaga is Harley Quinn in this 200M+ musical sequel

43 minutes ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Important to note that Joker 2's score is like 30% below what the first one had at this point (right after the film festival thingy). Whether the reviews afterwards are even WORSE or better and the score improves (like Dial of Destiny/Elemental) we'll see. 

Joker 1 reviews got worse because the film had a "political" debate around it, I don't think that will happen again, so it should follow the standard trend of reviews improving as less demanding writers see it. 

Festival grids starting to pop up

Like the first time, the movie seems to be more well liked by overseas critics. Could ended up winning something.

Still a very considerable drop in reception,  the first Joker had excellent grades in all grids. This time is more okay-ish, but still pretty solid so far instead of mixed like in US.

“Boring” is basically the kiss of death. How do you make a musical with Joker and Harley Quinn boring? It’s lucky that Venom 3 is a completely different type of CBM so it can coast for a few weeks, even with a massive drop.

It’ll be really fun if Beetlejuice Beetlejuice or Venom 3 outgrosses it.

4 hours ago, Bob Train said:

Joker 1 reviews got worse because the film had a "political" debate around it, I don't think that will happen again, so it should follow the standard trend of reviews improving as less demanding writers see it. 

i don't know...you're right about being less political dividing but especially on RT late reviews are from blogs and not very expert critics so with what we're reading about the movie seems something expert critics can appreciate more anyways, while these average blockbuster nerds not that much.

54 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

what do you mean with the Venice jury? this is a greed with only italian movie critics. Nothing related to the festival jury. 

however, it’s interesting to note that I’m Still Here, The Room Next Door and Queer are almost every list top 3, including on reviews aggregators like RT and Metacritic. Probably the three favorites for the Golden Lion this year.