Daxtreme

Disney+ MCU: Wandavision | January 15, 2021 | UNTAGGED SPOILERS ALLOWED! ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK

8 hours ago, CloneWars said:

This episode did not feel like MCU quality. Too many cliched tropes. I just hope this a hiccup and this won't happen again for this show or any MCU show.

I felt the same, a lot of cliches and typical tropes. I hope it gets better because the series has a few gem episodes.

1 hour ago, Jamiem said:

Trying to look for the original source for this, but dope if true.

edit: can’t find where this originated so take with a gigantic grain of salt. 

There is no original because that's not what he said. People are conflating his words (unwittingly or otherwise). Here is his quote...

• “That’s one of the fun things about streaming — and even on the shows that I watch, as a fan: You don’t have the rules of network TV and selling ad time, where it has to start now and end now,” Feige said, according to TVLine. “[Episodes] can grow or shift or shrink or expand to fit the story you’re telling. Even in those first three, the lengths are somewhat different, and that will continue through the rest of the show.” 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Olsen is sensational in Wandavision and I hope Emmys and other awards pay attention. Also, movies should make good use of her going forward which they didn't really previously due to too many characters and Wanda not being among the main cast. That should be rectified starting with Multiverse of Madness. Give her her own movie series. She effortlessly carries this series. Very happy that viewership considerably picked up after a rocky start. All due to terrific WOM about her performance and unusual style of the show. 

• Like 3

I think some people have lost what bloat really means.

Nothing is superfluous in Wandavision, yes, even those sitcom scenes that maybe you don't care about. Every single one of those scenes serves to tell you something about the characters, the world they're in, their past, or something of the sort about the events unfolding. A far cry from typical TV shows runtime bloating.

Now is it boring? For some, yes, and that's fine. But to say this is all meaningless and pointless overstuffing is being obtuse. Might mean nothing to those people but certainly not for everyone.

• Like 8

It's Parrot Analytics, so dumb metrics they use yada yada, take with a giant grain of salt. However I'm shocked that even with that taken into account the US is outpacing other international markets in demand, that would not have been what I would have guessed particularly given the relatively weak week 1 numbers we got from Nielsen. 

EuTPIvGU4AMF7Eq?format=jpg&name=4096x409

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Jamiem said:

It's Parrot Analytics, so dumb metrics they use yada yada, take with a giant grain of salt. However I'm shocked that even with that taken into account the US is outpacing other international markets in demand, that would not have been what I would have guessed particularly given the relatively weak week 1 numbers we got from Nielsen. 

EuTPIvGU4AMF7Eq?format=jpg&name=4096x409

It's funny to see Philippines there when Disney+ isn't even available there lol

The strong buzz in Brazil is really encouraging for Disney+ there, D+ released only 3 months ago there but it's already strong enough to be that strong, it's one of the countries that have the strongest Marvel userbase so it matters!

• Like 1