Daxtreme

Disney+ MCU: Wandavision | January 15, 2021 | UNTAGGED SPOILERS ALLOWED! ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK

On 2/14/2021 at 2:00 AM, Daxtreme said:

to be fair some of them are intentional

the things I find "cliche" and tropey are the SWORD scenes, not the stuff within the sitcom world (which I love)

Edited by Wormow
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Moderation:

Apparently there are MAJOR leaks on reddit for the last two episodes.  Please do not post them here, or talk about them here, or even elude to them here.  LOL.  Thanks!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

10 hours ago, Wondy said:

Moderation:

Apparently there are MAJOR leaks on reddit for the last two episodes.  Please do not post them here, or talk about them here, or even elude to them here.  LOL.  Thanks!!

There are major leaks every week on Reddit. Most of them are BS.

15 hours ago, Wormow said:

the things I find "cliche" and tropey are the SWORD scenes, not the stuff within the sitcom world (which I love)

Have to agree with this. Monica, Jimmy, and Darcy are entertaining, but Director Hayward is one of the biggest cliche characters I've seen in Marvel, and the entire "feel" of SWORD is very meh right now compared to how SHIELD was first introduced where they seemed like a legitimately cool organization. Perhaps it'll change in future shows/movies where we see SWORD do more space missions.  

Edited by Menor
  • Like 2

What I hate about twitter is that there's no spoiler tags because unlike all these people there I refuse to spoil my followers and they're thankful for that...

Thankfully I can do it here!

Spoiler

EPISODE 8

I felt sad for Wanda and the beauty of this show is that she's really fleshed out as a character: we know more about her, we feel for her...that's why Disney+ is a blessing for everything: Marvel, Star Wars, Disney, Pixar...everyone can get fleshed out, deepened lore..etc...

So Wanda really created thisall alone and nobody forced her or even triggered her. What's interesting is that Wanda DID NOT steal Vision's body: she literally created him out of nowhere....I'm not sure to understand.

The post-credit scene with the real body of Vision being brought back to life shows final episode is gonna be intense, and hard for Wanda!

I fully expect the mind of Imaginary Vision to be merged with the real body andf that's how he might be able to survive outside the Hex, maybe there's a happy ending for Wanda in all this...

• Like 6

Gave me the damn error the first time I tried but the second one was a go, thank god it didn't take 20 minutes like last week since I have to go to sleep early to catch a flight tomorrow.

Spoiler

Let me express my shock that Hayward lied about Wanda taking Vision's body and laying it on thick with that "against his living will" shit. Liar!

White!Vision is freaky af though and I wonder what'll end up happening with it/him. I'm guessing there's no link with actual Vision being that Wanda said she couldn't feel him?

Was awesome to see Wanda survive the mind stone and makes me wonder what happened with Pietro for him to get his powers. And it was cool seeing Agatha's origin as well, I hope she doesn't just die at the end of this, she seems like too good of a character to just off like that. We shall see.

Definitely gonna have to watch that again of course, but damn, poor Wanda. I'm glad we got to see her actual experiences since that's what's missing from the movies since she doesn't get much screentime. It's one thing to hear about it but it's another to see it, like watching her whole life blow up as a child and how that would affect anyone, let alone someone so young. And then to have it pile on between her parents, then her brother and then eventually losing Vision. She finally had someone she was happy with and she had to kill him first and then watch him die again.

Can't wait for next week and how it's going to play into Dr Strange eventually.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, jatvision said:
  Hide contents

So we have witches now.

I fucking hate "Please Stand By"

me too

increasingly extremer maybe comic based spoilers about who could be introduced in the future based on that

Spoiler

the witches part was clear by last week, 

Spoiler

the vision being resurrected for a time as a ~ soulless / emotionless being is part of the comics see ‚Vision Quest‘

Depending on which version of her many biography, incl who her father was, there is a

Spoiler

god-damon named Chton who plays a role for her having explicit Chaos powers, in those variations (more than one) she has connections to Dr Strange, and Hawkeye / West Coast Avengers, and the High Evolutionary too has something to do with her background, fights eg together with Thor, and who is later adopts Adam Warlock and gives him the soul gem. Meant as in addition / more intense than what is already introduced per MCU

Agatha:

Spoiler

in the comics Agatha will be the mentor and more for Scarlet Witch

Spoiler

Liked the look back through the years, was interesting but now its clear all the action is in the final episode from what we've seen so far (assuming there is a big physical/magical confrontation, which certainly seems to be the case but maybe the take a sharp turn)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:
Spoiler

What's interesting is that Wanda DID NOT steal Vision's body: she literally created him out of nowhere.

Spoiler

About that. Hayward was tracking the decay signal of Vibranium in Hex, so what was that all about. I am not sure how are they going to justify Wanda creating life and persons. I hope these are illusions and not the actual physical persons when Hex falls.

But then that doesn't explain the physical Vision we saw coming out of Hex.

I got a bad feeling about this. Hopefully they land it well.

• Like 1

already 76 votes at IMDb. 3 of those 1 star... 

just for fun and to compare to later spreads of different ratings (never seen that much empty space in between the ratings):

76 IMDb users have given a weighted average vote of 9.5 / 10 

Rating

Votes

89.5%

5.3%

1.3%

3.9%

Arithmetic mean = 9.5   Median = 10

Rating By Demographic

All Ages
   <18
    18-29
    30-44
          45+
All
-
Males
-
Females
-
-
-

Top 1000 Voters
US Users
Non-US Users
Edited by terrestrial

The Disney+ recommendation at the end was for Civil War. For characters in the opening Lagos scene we have the following standalone titles this year. 

Wanda Vision on Disney+

Black Widow in a feature film. 

Falcon and the Winter Soldier on Disney+

Everyone else in the scene is dead or a senior citizen. 

34 minutes ago, jatvision said:
  Hide contents

About that. Hayward was tracking the decay signal of Vibranium in Hex, so what was that all about. I am not sure how are they going to justify Wanda creating life and persons. I hope these are illusions and not the actual physical persons when Hex falls.

But then that doesn't explain the physical Vision we saw coming out of Hex.

I got a bad feeling about this. Hopefully they land it well.

You probably won't like this answer but the best thing to do is not going too deep into this, I'll just enjoy what they're gonna give me if it's well done.

Reading reactions on other places I understood something: those who spent weeks having all kinds of dream theories are mostly disappointed, a bit like those people who spent years imagining what a Star Wars sequel would look like and were disappointed by the real thing because it wasn't like in their dreams.

The more you go deep into it, the more disappointed you are.

Basically, I don't want to be disappointed so I'll be "wait & see" :)

The MCU are struggling to have females on the big screen and yet they had the strongest hero at their disposal and she was mostly wasted up until now.

It's not too late for a Scarlet Witch movie, Feige. So far you only have two female solo movie (Black Widow) who is quite literally dead in the universe, and Captain Marvel.

• Like 2
  • Disbelief 1
  • Knock It Off 1

28 minutes ago, Wormow said:

The MCU are struggling to have females on the big screen and yet they had the strongest hero at their disposal and she was mostly wasted up until now.

It's not too late for a Scarlet Witch movie, Feige. So far you only have two female solo movie (Black Widow) who is quite literally dead in the universe, and Captain Marvel.

After the success of WandaVision they might reconsider but on the other hand they already have a plan so I don't know if they can add a movie just like that.

However it's possible she might get another show where she's the main character, at this point it's as good as being in a movie given the budget and audience of these D+ shows....I mean, I'm sure WandaVision will do more to boost her career than any of the MCU movies she appeared in.