Daxtreme

Disney+ MCU: Wandavision | January 15, 2021 | UNTAGGED SPOILERS ALLOWED! ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK

1 minute ago, Menor said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Yes that explain why sitcom type setting, but why stream it? that too with credit.

She wanted to live in that setting, not put a show I imagine. 

Put me on the side that was not a fan of the episode.

In a limited series that has already had mounting structural and pacing issues, devoting an episode to exposition flashbacks with not a whole lot of essential info and which seems to have implied the least interesting causes of certain thing didn't really do it for me.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Menor said:
  Hide contents

I assume from this episode that Wanda just subconsciously wanted to create a sitcom reality that she could live in because sitcoms were her coping mechanism for all those years. 

That was honestly so sad . Traumatic

13 minutes ago, jatvision said:
  Hide contents

Yes that explain why sitcom type setting, but why stream it? that too with credit.

Spoiler

I assumed it was just part of the fantasy. Like everything bad can be censored out. 

2 hours ago, jatvision said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Because it’s funny and fun. Not everything needs a complicated answer. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jatvision said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

if you are using magic and am not used to highly complex spells, its needs training to fine tune the little details too.

Like she imagines her past time to a degree as a template, but has to adjust very detail not wanted. Not looking for it, it being still so fast changing, many distractions... she might not even had realized it for a time as it was packed into the ~ energy thingies.

Not saying its the reason in this case, but it could be based on older magic involved fairy tales, and other sources, like the little unexpected side-effects up to totally failure bcs a missed detail, sometimes even done by an experienced magic person/entity/whatever

9 hours ago, Wormow said:

The MCU are struggling to have females on the big screen and yet they had the strongest hero at their disposal and she was mostly wasted up until now.

It's not too late for a Scarlet Witch movie, Feige. So far you only have two female solo movie (Black Widow) who is quite literally dead in the universe, and Captain Marvel.

The big screen has never been less important that it is now, and will only continue to fall in importance though the years 

5 hours ago, Wondy said:

Because it’s funny and fun. Not everything needs a complicated answer. 

Yeah I really doubt they’ll explain how/why the outside world was seeing it streamed to TV’s. It doesn’t really need explaining and honestly it’d feel very forced in terms of exposition.

The only person who knows why Wanda allowed it to be viewed to the outside world is Wanda herself, and she’s not exactly going to stop to say “oh yeah, I let you all see what was going on and created my own opening/closing credits because [insert reason]”. Anyone expecting that information is setting themselves up for disappointment.

Looks like this episode is headed for 9-9.1 eventually, pretty strong. Seems like the show structure is basically 9 episodes of setup for a finale that’s hopefully like a mini movie. Not quite the structure I expected, but remains to be seen for another 7 days how well it works in the end.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WandaLegion said:

Looks like this episode is headed for 9-9.1 eventually, pretty strong. Seems like the show structure is basically 9 episodes of setup for a finale that’s hopefully like a mini movie. Not quite the structure I expected, but remains to be seen for another 7 days how well it works in the end.

A little strange to me considering that stuff like episode 4 (which I thought was vastly inferior to this one) has a very similar rating. Finale will hopefully have a stronger rating.

7 hours ago, terrestrial said:

usually not that much into those kind of interviews, but that one seems to have a rather nice interviewer and so it feels less ‘forced’ like the usual ones

Ali Plumb always delivers really entertaining and pleasant interviews. My favorite interviewer out there by far.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Menor said:

A little strange to me considering that stuff like episode 4 (which I thought was vastly inferior to this one) has a very similar rating. Finale will hopefully have a stronger rating.

I think 4 was really boosted by some people who were like “will this show just all be sitcom shit” going “oh yay, plot, stakes, government agencies.”   

I just rewatched ep 8 with my mom (first time for here) and yeah I think it’s the best by a lot for me personally.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

One flashback/exposition too many here but man is Wanda a great character now...

I expect a huge shift in MCU character popularity polls after this. Exactly by how much depends on the finale though.

I don’t think she’s breaking into my top 3, but maybe 4th.    

Though honestly she was competitive for that before the show, shocking as that may be given my name 😛 

• Haha 1