Eric is Quiet

The Marvels | November 10, 2023 | Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter

On 4/22/2023 at 4:10 PM, Krissykins said:

It’s not up to the creators or studio to ask what’s happening. Captain Marvel & Ghostbusters are both certified fresh. Those dislikes arent anything to do with the quality of the films. 

We know why certain people were spamming the dislike button. 

Just won't give up on Ghostbusters 2016, will you.

I still say main reason is flopped was it total disrespect for the original.

• Knock It Off 2

On 4/13/2023 at 2:00 PM, dudalb said:

hatred for her is truly bizarre.

What is amusing is that now just about everybody concedes the "One Star War Movie A Year" idea was a big mistake

No, that worked fine. The problem is when they tried to release them less than a full year apart like with Solo. Rogue One did very well financially.

10 hours ago, dudalb said:

Just won't give up on Ghostbusters 2016, will you.

I still say main reason is flopped was it total disrespect for the original.

It’s a clear marker for when the internet turned, amplified haters I guess. Trump was on their side too. This in 2016 was a creepy perfect storm of trolls I guess.

Anyway, hopefully Marvels doesn’t have to deal with too much of the toxicity. 

"Those people" are not even the target audience. The first movie despite all the hate in the world made over a billion. I know, I know this one won't make that much. But the standard MCU sequel drop lately would have it around $600M-$700M, which is nothing to scoff at in the current CBM scenario.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Krissykins said:

I think *those people* had already decided they wouldn’t be seeing the film. They just can’t resist the urge to scream it from the rooftops. 

Those people are definitely gonna watch it. They're gonna hate-watch the fuck out of it.

What will make or break the movie is how more casual viewers react (i.e. people familiar with the overall story lines or the concept of the CU, but don't hang on every piece of news and generally don't give a shit about woke this, annoying actress that). The MCU seems to be shedding those audiences. If GOTG3 continues that trend, The Marvels is VERY unlikely to be the one that reverses things, IMO.

10 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

If Ms. Nia and the reshoots come through then all in all, this might actually be one of the better years for CBMs, at least quality wise.

Currently 2 great 1 fine 1 bad with... 5 to go? Could break either way but hopefully at least 3 good 

4 minutes ago, Into the Legion-Verse said:

Currently 2 great 1 fine 1 bad with... 5 to go? Could break either way but hopefully at least 3 good 

Holy shit didn't actually realize there are NINE freaking CBMs this year (10 if you count TMNT)

Ofc there were going to be more bombs this year than previous years 

8 minutes ago, Into the Legion-Verse said:

Kraven has a good director but it's also sony so idk. I could see that being ok. TMNT will probably be good. idk about the rest though.

3 hours ago, Willowra said:

This theme music alone confirmed my The Marvels movie ticket; no need to look at the reviews anymore.

Oh wow, that's strong. Hoping Pinar Toprak's music is in the film in some capacity (really like that theme) but I already really love what Karpman's doing here. Her work on Ms. Marvel was very good too so I'm hoping she sticks around.

Yeah this is definitely connecting with both Captain Marvel and Captain America storylines. I see this having wild potential, love that they are using the Disney+ format to set foundation of bigger storylines moving forward/ HYPE.

• Like 1

These are top ten opening weekends in November. Where do you all think The Marvels will land?

1. Black Panther: Wakanda Forever - $181,339,761

2. The Hunger Games: Catching Fire - $158,074,286

3. The Twilight Saga: New Moon - $142,839,137

4. The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, Part 2 - $141,067,634

5. The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, Part 1 - $138,122,261

6. Frozen II - $130,263,358

7. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 - $125,017,372

8. Thor: Ragnarok - $122,744,989

9. The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1 - $121,897,634

10. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - $102,685,961