Eric Prime

The Marvels | November 10, 2023 | Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter

11 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

DanielRPK is somehow less credible than Empire. I remember when that guy was babbling on about how Endgame's title was actually Annihilation.

That did not originate from him. Iirc that was MCUcosmic, which is basically a gamergate site that I believe doxxed James gunns phone number at one point.

Just now, Mojoguy said:

This movie is still 10 days away, but it's still getting one post a minute on average right now even with some people think it will flop. While THG and Wish topics are deader than dead.

Just MCU popularity?

Six of one, half people just venting about their opinions of the entire MCU.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mojoguy said:

This movie is still 10 days away, but it's still getting one post a minute on average right now even with some people think it will flop. While THG and Wish topics are deader than dead.

Just MCU popularity?

BOT always unites when something flops, particularly a superhero movie. The Flash OW thread had 160 pages. Solo OW got 370 pages. Justice League got 260 pages.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, cooldude97 said:

don't understand, the whole "get the multiverse stuff done ASAP and get to the X-men" talk like that's suddenly going to increase the quality of the products, if they don't give a shit now why would they give a shit later if it's the same quality?

Well, I mean I do think "focus on making things better" is something is being unsaid even by the folks who want things moved on who don't explicitly specify that. 

Plus It's not like the MCU has been bad from its inception, and in fact has a loooooong track record of quality behind it before its... recent hiccup.

46 minutes ago, cooldude97 said:

don't understand, the whole "get the multiverse stuff done ASAP and get to the X-men" talk like that's suddenly going to increase the quality of the products, if they don't give a shit now why would they give a shit later if it's the same quality?

The idea is that it's too late to give a shit now cause it's too late to pivot from the direction the MCU is going. Since Endgame Feige has already reshuffled the MCU slate and delayed projects multi times, yet the quality of the products remain in........ questionable state. "Get the multiverse stuff done ASAP" is the best option for Marvel right now, since it's better than going down the Warner path of trying to polish turd. Trying to pour money into projects only for them to still bomb in the box office. The Marvels would have been an easier bitter pill to shallow for Disney/Marvel if it had its original 180M budget rather than whatever we have right now.

Of course, this assumes Marvel will take a break after the string of flops and reassert what went wrong. That they will actually have a new direction going forward rather than continue to fuck around with D list superheroes. If they are just going to continue the conveyor belt of questionable products then it's only a matter of time before someone says they need to stop making Marvel films.

On 10/28/2023 at 2:22 AM, Zakiyyah6 said:

I think The Marvels looks fine but does it look much bigger and more important than say some of the Disney Plus shows? No, it doesn't. That's what the films have to fight against now. It's a bad situation that Disney created themselves. I'm too much of an SJW type to root against a film directed by a black woman and starring a diverse cast but I do understand why it has been struggling so far. 

Loki right now is more epic than whatever The Marvels is trying to be. I don't even know what the threat or fight is for in this movie lol

• Like 2

On 10/28/2023 at 12:48 PM, DInky said:

https://www.boxofficepro.com/long-range-box-office-forecast-disneys-wish-and-ridley-scotts-napoleon/

Boxofficepro has lowered their forecast for the movie.

45-67M domestic opening weekend and 109-169M domestic total.

damn, my bottom was 55m. 45? ouch. That would be a literal fucking disaster.

Edited by eddyxx

On 10/29/2023 at 4:42 PM, John Marston said:

Nobody predicted this at all

Captain Falcon and Thunderbolts are not guaranteed hits at all

On 10/19/2023 at 4:37 AM, eddyxx said:

True but when the GA doesn’t know your product and the fan base is immediately turned off because it’s Thunderbolts In Name Only then you better turn out one hell of a trailer and final product..,and based on recent marvel offerings? That’s not looking good. If Marvels only opens to 50m then TB will open to 30m.

On 10/10/2023 at 4:36 PM, eddyxx said:

I think we're headed back to what super hero movies did during the 2000's. When a 50m ow was a success and 90m was bonkers. We might get a few more real huge openings: deadpool3, secret wars if a certain 2 actors return for it , joker 2 might even be a dark horse and maybe the first x-men reboot if they pull it off but the days of super hero movies dominating are behind us.

On 10/23/2023 at 10:07 PM, eddyxx said:

I'm in. I don't think this will even cross in its domestic lifetime what the first did on it's OW,

OK I said 50m ow for last 2 weeks, not 55m lol.

4 hours ago, cooldude97 said:

They’ll miss actually profiting from their movies by then.

On 10/29/2023 at 11:00 PM, ThomasNicole said:

Right? It’s insane to break it down. 

2021: 4 movies / 5 TV shows 

2022: 3 movies / 3 TV shows / 2 TV specials 

2023: 3 movies / 3 TV Shows 

They’re trying to slower it down, but it’s still way above the 2-3 movies projects per year they drop until 2019. You just need to see clearly the amount of things to understand why people are lost in the timeline, in the plot lines, and why the production entered on chaos mode including all the scandals with VFX etc. 

2021 especially was insane and the bigger mark on the disinterest that is reaching it’s peak now: 9 projects in 7 months. They compensate the mini hiatus due to Covid with complete overload of content, and it did backfire on them because the amount slowed down too little since and the quality has been shakier.

I don't really blame them for 2021 when half the movies and shows were intended for 2020. Yeah maybe they could've delayed everything else back a year again but gotta feed the disney+ beast.

Sincere question as I haven’t followed the production at all: what’s the gimmick/USP of the next captain america movie? I know Harrison Ford and Hulk(??) are in it but why are people paying to see it after the tv show? 

Edited by Hatebox

14 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

Sincere question as I haven’t followed the production at all: what’s the gimmick/USP of the next captain america movie? I know Harrison Ford and Hulk(??) are in it but why are people paying to see it after the tv show? 

It seems that it will be a "mini" Avengers movie with a bunch of superheroes crammed about, some of them introduced in the very movie like Sabra and it will deal with a plot from Eternals of all places. So nothing that appeals to the general audience.