Eric S'ennui

The Marvels | November 10, 2023 | Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter

19 hours ago, Liiviig 1998 said:

Exactly my point . Don't what to go way off topic. Poeple you tend to find in things like  stalking ,sex offenders  and sexism related stuff etc... tend to be well off ,even socially likable and attractive .

Lots of wolves in sheep's clothing.

@Torontofan for clarity not saying that guy with the PHD is like this. Some people may just have robust  sex lives . 

Hating Disney doesn't colerate with some of the disturbing stuff that happens I've mentioned above. Having criticisms of Disney as long as it's reasonable and communicated properly is fine

Was just trying to give example of how some of the most vile things maybe done by seemingly " sane or admirable poeple"

Yeah I know a lot of people who werent fans of the newest Star War Movies or dont like the post endgame Marvel movies much. They not neckbeards or anything. 

Yea, not having fan screenings this weekend to build buzz like they did with GotG ain't very promising. Making Thanos attachments that probably have nothing to do with the film and spots intentionally teasing the leaked post-credit stuff isn't inspiring much hope. I say this as someone generally optimistic about the film and excited for it to some capacity.

• Like 1

On 11/2/2023 at 6:33 PM, keysersoze123 said:

^^^

I would suggest stay off this thread for your own mental health and enjoy the movie. Dont get influenced by what others are thinking/saying. 

Definitely planning on doing just that.

57 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

The Flash had 200 Batmen in it, so there was some hype there, it just died from WOM.

It died instantly on OW, and then the small number of people who did see it didn't like it and told everyone else to not bother, and it tanked even harder. The idea of Marvels doing worse than it just makes no sense to me but I suppose it's possible at this point.

48 minutes ago, judestar619 said:

It died instantly on OW, and then the small number of people who did see it didn't like it and told everyone else to not bother, and it tanked even harder. The idea of Marvels doing worse than it just makes no sense to me but I suppose it's possible at this point.

Ant-Man 3 had horrendous word of mouth and only a 2.0 multiplier. If The Marvels opens with 50-55M and has the same level of word of mouth it could absolutely do as bad as The Flash. You have a hard time imagining it because frankly MCU fans like to pretend like Quantumania doesn't exist. 

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, JustLurking said:

I think it was only 2 posts but nothing much, same old "go woke go broke" guy making his 100th alt

Jessie again? Fuck me. This non-stop alternate account spam reminds me of someone who used to terrorize a Marvel Discord server I used to be in. Said dude has surfaced on Reddit now, with plenty of activity on the Box Office and Marvel Spoiler subreddits in particular.

19 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Ant-Man 3 had horrendous word of mouth and only a 2.0 multiplier. If The Marvels opens with 50-55M and has the same level of word of mouth it could absolutely do as bad as The Flash. You have a hard time imagining it because frankly MCU fans like to pretend like Quantumania doesn't exist. 

The way things are going, 50-55 might be the ceiling for OW.

3 hours ago, toutvabien said:

Yea, not having fan screenings this weekend to build buzz like they did with GotG ain't very promising. Making Thanos attachments that probably have nothing to do with the film and spots intentionally teasing the leaked post-credit stuff isn't inspiring much hope. I say this as someone generally optimistic about the film and excited for it to some capacity.

I actually think the Thanos attachments *will* be relevant. I think Dar-Benn's activities will likely be related to Thanos' ideology about limited resources in the universe. We know that Dar-Benn is a Kree militant (splinter cell, probably) who is stealing natural resources from other planets using portals generated with her bangle. If they've gotten to this level of desperation, then it's likely other space-faring societies have been unwilling to share resources, which would reinforce the idea that there are not enough resources in the Universe to go around. It's also likely that Dar-Benn is aware of what she can do with both bangles (multiversal shenanigans) and is trying to get both. I think, where Thanos' solution to the finitude of resources in the universe was to cull half the population; Dar-Benn's solution will be to siphon resources from alternate universes for the good of the main MCU universe. 

29 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

No I agree, it's shocking to me more as a "how did we get here" thing. Like even considering the growing resentment towards the MCU I would've figured it needed a few more duds before we were getting films with floors as low as The Flash.

Edited by judestar619
  • Like 1

I don't think The Marvels will be as badly received as Quantumania, The Marvels looks like a fun, short and silly adventure in the MCU while Quantumania promised a lot more that did not deliver. However, The Marvels has a lot more competition. 

I think, at worst, it will be received similarly to Love and Thunder which would kill any future legs it may have. Best case, it lands on the 80-90% range on RottenTomatoes. I am quite excited for the movie but I seem to be the only one.  

7 minutes ago, judestar619 said:

No I agree, it's shocking to me more as a "how did we get here" thing. Like even considering the growing resentment towards the MCU I would've figured it needed a few more duds before we were getting films with floors as low as The Flash.

In retrospect, it is amazing how well Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 3 performed. I think had it been released in 2021-2022, or even before Quantumania, and it would have easily crossed 1 billion worldwide. 

10 hours ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

This CGI is very crappy for a 250 million budgeted movie. This is Superman 4 level of shit. 

I'm getting Fant4stic vibes from what's happening to this movie. 

srserghsegh.png?ex=6558e0a2&is=65466ba2&

I don't see what people are talking about. It looks just like a very similar shot from GotG 3. 
Not to mention here are some other shots where I think the CGI is about as good as you could possibly ask for. Like that City just straight up looks real (hell, I'm impressed by the fact that it looks like Carol actually has a cat on her shoulder. She's allergic to cats so it's certainly not there. Idk if it's fully CGI or just Comped on. Screenshot_2023-11-04_120901.png?ex=6558

Screenshot_2023-11-04_120817.png?ex=6558

Screenshot_2023-11-04_120726.png?ex=6558

Edited by Hypercortical

13 minutes ago, AN9815 said:

I don't think The Marvels will be as badly received as Quantumania, The Marvels looks like a fun, short and silly adventure in the MCU while Quantumania promised a lot more that did not deliver. However, The Marvels has a lot more competition. 

I think, at worst, it will be received similarly to Love and Thunder which would kill any future legs it may have. Best case, it lands on the 80-90% range on RottenTomatoes. I am quite excited for the movie but I seem to be the only one.  

I'm excited for it as well. Currently reading the most recent Captain Marvel comic run by Kelly Thompson in anticipation (it managed to last 50 issues which ties it with the 2006-2010 series as the longest-running Carol comic).

• Like 1