The Wild Eric

92nd Academy Awards Discussion Thread | PARASITE WINS BITCHESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS #BONGHIVE

2 minutes ago, Eric the Hedgehog said:

I'm thrilled Parasite won because of the quality of movie, not because of their ethnicity. It should not be a factor. It was the BP and Bong was the best director this year, period.

There was just something so special about seeing an all Asian cast, director and producer accepting best picture at the fucking Oscars while also speaking in Korean. But I think what adds to it all is that The Academy got it right. Parasite deserved best picture, best screen play and Bong deserved best director. 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 3

Just now, FilmBuff said:

Well, at least we didn’t have TOG and his inane hated of Bohemian Rhapsody this year.

Haha, that was funny. It's one reason I was hoping beyond hope Joker would win this year! But seriously, well fucking done Bong Joon Ho and everyone else involved with Parasite! Great for the Korean film industry too! Hopefully North American studios start picking up more of their films for domestic distribution.