stealthyfrog

Borderlands | Lionsgate | Eli Roth to direct | Cate Blanchett is Lilith

I knew this was going to be bad but... THIS bad? Ngl I was still going to go see it for the claptrap popcorn bucket but before I thought it was going to be in that "bad but not bad enough to be interesting" category... Now I'm almost excited for it again...

2 hours ago, JimmyB said:

Grace Randolph breaking the ice

I’ve never played the games, but I got a kick out of Blanchett starring in a movie like this - and doing a great job! I do wish the script had been adjusted a bit better to accommodate her age. Blanchett fans will enjoy this, not sure about anytime else.

She never misses.

9 hours ago, Belakor said:

This is clearly another video game, corpo-headed movie in which everyone involved didn't knew / understands  the franchise.

Says the person with a Warcraft movie character as their profile picture. Not that you’re wrong, but it’s funny.

I actually really enjoy the Warcraft movie by the way, I watch it occasionally, but I know I’m in the minority and I acknowledge that I probably only enjoy it because I never cared for the games.

Sadly I don’t think Borderlands will become a guilty pleasure of mine as well going from what the critics are saying, but who knows.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ThePhasmid said:

Ouch.

I played the original game for a couple of hours. Wonderful art style inspired by cel-shaded graphics (despite devs denying cel-shading). Post apocalyptic punk glitz. They should've gone Tank Girl, but they chose...this.

A Tank Girl rip-off would have been way better than what feels like the 100th generic GOTG ripoff we got since Guardians came out. In fact it would’ve been awesome, and now I’m sad for what could’ve been.

• Like 1

I remember thinking Warcraft was fine, but that as a fan of all the games I wished they had adapted a more interesting part of the lore. I do remember hating the look of everything though. It was so much bad CGI it was borderline an animated film. I get some things like the orcs needed to be mostly CGI, but I hated how they went for the exaggerated CGI armor and the 100% CGI locations

5 hours ago, TomThomas said:

Ruimy claims Tim Miller reshot 60% of the movie.

Supposedly Roth shot the Mazin script. 

Curious why some reviews are blaming him. Critics are supposed to know that shit. 

3 minutes ago, Driver said:

Curious why some reviews are blaming him. Critics are supposed to know that shit. 

Why would critics know the behind-the-scenes details? They review the movies, they don't work on them...

I was gonna go see Fly Me To the Moon tonight but i've just found out it's an Apple movie so I can watch it at home for free soon.

so i'm instead gonna go see borderlands in half an hour. my curiosity has got the better of me.

:Venom:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Driver said:

Roth getting a Story By credit as well as a Screenplay By credit next to a pseudonym isn't the best look and that's what critics see.