Eric S'ennui

Disney+ MCU: Loki | June 11 2021 | Richard E Grant's in this

Before the first trailer was released this was by far the D+ show I was least interested in. I was just over Loki as character and don't want to see anymore of him. The first trailer was great, and got me really hyped. But now the subsequent clips are far less entertaining, and my interest in this is now back to what it was when it was first announced, that is to say 'meh'. I'll still watch it but I'm not hyped for it like I was for WV or TFatWS. 

Whenever MCU reviews embargo is lifted, I feel really sad. Almost all the reactions are essentially same every time & hardly do anything for the product awareness wise. Its about time Marvel drop the charade and let audience be the first entity to watch their content directly.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

Going by the reviews it sounds like this is moderately enjoyable fluff. A decent enough summer watch.

That's not what I got from reviews, it's more in line with the RT score:

Screenshot-2021-06-08-at-22-30-04-Loki.p

It's gonna be huge, quality-wise and audience-wise!

10 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

That's not what I got from reviews, it's more in line with the RT score:

Screenshot-2021-06-08-at-22-30-04-Loki.p

It's gonna be huge, quality-wise and audience-wise!

TV reviews on RT are broken - virtually everything gets a high score. Metacritic is a lot more revealing.

I'm not saying the show sounds bad, just nothing special... at least the first two eps. But hey, it's not like anyone was expecting a masterpiece.

Edited by Hatebox

Spoiler

So this is gonna be they use Loki to kill the Loki variant that had escaped. Is this a time loop. They keep catching the Loki variant to kill the Loki variant, who escapes and become that Loki variant who he was supposed to kill?

I hate Time loops. More so when I am digging the continuity of MCU.

OR

Say it doesn't involve time loop and by end of it Loki help kill the rogue Loki variant. So will TVA
1. Reset Loki at same moment in timeline where he escaped, as if he never escaped. If so, why had to Tony and Steve go to 1970s, because in real time Loki never left.

2. or they will allow Loki to work in TVA giving him deal to escape his end off hand of Thanos. In doing so won't they divert the sacred timeline they are to maintain.

AND

I don't really like the existence of TVA, a red tape office type thing for maintaining time. I know they mugged a backstory with 3 time keepers but who gave the time keepers power/authority to do that. or I should just not care about all that.

46 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Watched it. The episode was basically set up and exposition, few of my fears were settled, few seems like are going to haunt me, but then there is lot to follow. Let's see how the show goes.

Yeah. That’s kind of how I felt. A little boring, but It could be massive fun once they let it rip. 

27 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:
  Hide contents

I know they mugged a backstory with 3 time keepers but who gave the time keepers power/authority to do that. or I should just not care about all that.

Spoiler

Those are the Watchers!!! Fuck yeah more Uatu!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Already a global success!

was #8 in India 30 mins ago. now #2. will be #1 soon.

That said, Twitter trends are no big deal. Marvel fanbase is just so dominant on twitter than anything will trend. Not trending will be something out of ordinary.

Edited by charlie Jatinder