Eric Duncan

The Whitney Houston Movie: I Wanna Dance With Somebody | Tristar | December 23, 2022 | Kasi Lemmons directs

More competition now with Babylon going wide on Dec. 23 instead of Jan. 6.

Wide releases:

16 December

Spoiler Alert

21 December

Puss in Boots: The Last Wish

I Wanna Dance With Somebody *

23 December

Babylon

25 December

Women Talking

• Like 1

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

Better than the first trailer. It's still looks to be a very conventional musician biopic, but that's actually quite popular with general audiences, as much as Film Twitter pretends Walk Hard was somehow a game changer for the genre. I think this will do very nicely as Avatar counterprogramming.

• Like 1

My mom is absolutely ecstatic about this movie! She's a massive Whitney Houston fan, adores "I Will Always Love You" and one of her fav films is The Bodyguard.

Needless to say, I will be taking her on December 21, which is saying something because she's very content to wait to see movies. I don't think she saw Top Gun Maverick until August or something, and that was something she really wanted to see too.

• Like 2

The movie release date for the USA has changed from Wednesday the 21st december to Friday the 23rd december.

Basically the wide releases are now:

16 december - Avatar 2

21 december - Puss in Boots 2

23 december - I Wanna Dance With Somebody

23 december - Babylon

25 december - Women Talking

I'm not sure what the recent release date change means... Does a last minute change like that happen often and is it a good strategy for this movie?  Many of the trailers had the date of 21 December mentioned...

Edited by wboxoffice