Eric is Anxious

The Batman | March 4, 2022 | Warner Bros. | Certified Fresh on RT | 7th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

5 minutes ago, Maggie said:

If Scott is even remotely right, we're in for a sad summer. ugh

It's the same dude that said that Endgame could open lower than Infinity War. I genuinely don't think he has a good sense of predictions at all.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SnokesLegs said:

Not sure I’d completely agree with that when Force Awakens had the pre-sales that it did less than 4 months prior to BvS’s opening. Not saying you’re wrong, as obviously presales will have increased in popularity in the years since TFA, but they were still widespread back then, especially for something as hyped as BvS.

What I'm saying is that beating BvS in presales doesn't mean that much in 2022, this movie has always been expected to open well north of 100. 

On that note, I don't know why anyone who uses this site would give a damn what Scott Mendelson predicts. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

This reinforces what a stupid idea it was to have “fan screenings” for Tuesday and Wednesday. It seems to be diluting the sales for today. 

Only us nerds care about what a movie does on its first day of presales, unless it ends up crashing servers (which was never in the cards for this movie). It all adds up to the same thing anyway. 

Edited by Menor Reborn
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

Only us nerds care about what a movie does on its first day of presales, unless it ends up crashing servers (which was never in the cards for this movie). It all adds up to the same thing anyway. 

We might have at least been spared from Scott Mendelson’s dumb lowball prediction. 

Edited by WittyUsername

presales are good. Its not about 1 day. let us see where things stand in its release week. It has got wide release and presales are similar to how I have seen during my time tracking movies except for uber blockbusters like NWH or Star Wars 9(I started to do MTC tracking only from Joker onwards). it still has 3 weeks of presales to go and major catalysts like reactions/reviews etc. 

• Thanks 2

Presales seems very decent (especially considering some demand was burned with the IMAX early events). 

This is obviously not reaching the +200M some predicted for some reasons, but 120-140M seems like a more than reasonable bet based on presales alone.

With (hopefully) good reactions / reviews coming and WB doing a good job promoting it, i can see this ending up with +150M opening.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1