Eric Lasagna

The Batman | March 4, 2022 | Warner Bros. | Certified Fresh on RT | 7th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

4 minutes ago, AnDr3s said:

why people are predicting the total with the OD as a reference lol

Predicting the total once you have a full OD is boring, we are predicting it off previews only for the thrills.

Yeah I'll be the first to admit that I was expecting B+ so this is a very pleasant surprise. All it now needs is a solid Box Office to solidify WB's stance on the film and the franchise moving forward.

I always loved the idea of Matt Reeves being the one to handle the Batman IP and with this + great reviews + hopefully a great Box Office to show for, Reeves and this franchise is here to stay.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

or fewer families deflating scores , like Batman Returns,  maybe ?

I don’t think so, I think the huge family turnouts are why Superhero films score so highly, like animation. 

I love the story of Batman Returns though, kids crying in the lobby 😂

17 minutes ago, TrevorBelmont9078 said:

Yeah I'll be the first to admit that I was expecting B+ so this is a very pleasant surprise. All it now needs is a solid Box Office to solidify WB's stance on the film and the franchise moving forward.

I always loved the idea of Matt Reeves being the one to handle the Batman IP and with this + great reviews + hopefully a great Box Office to show for, Reeves and this franchise is here to stay.

A- is a surprise score but still in line with 91% RT verified audience score. Haven't seen big shift in reception after a full OD. 

Most studios would Kill for 130 Million OW for one of their films nowdays.

The bitching about box office is ridiculous.

I always thought the 200 Milion OW predictions were crazy.

I am really interested in the reginal breakdown.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

Walkups were supposedly huge and beat projections on west coast like Sherman Oaks. Those late shows are getting packed in

That’s impressive for a 3 hour film. 3.5hrs with trailers and ads. 

The runtime is the sole reason I couldn’t go last night after work. Going today in a few hours.