Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

17 hours ago, John Marston said:

Don’t think Keaton as Batman would

be a big draw. Most liked him as Batman but I don’t think he connected to audiences the same way Christian Bale did. Keaton was pretty overshadowed by the villains 

Lol, Bale's Batman was overshadowed by the villains.

• Knock It Off 1

48 minutes ago, ddddeeee said:

I don't think the thinking is that Keaton is going to be a draw. They want a DCEU Batman now that Batfleck is out, but they don't want to compete or take attention away from Battinson. They need to establish a new DCEU Batman and do so without him having his own movie, and that's going to be a lot easier to pull off with Keaton, who everyone seems to at least like in the role. This way they can have a great actor in the role, not take any hype away from Battinson (a 70-year-old, probably retired/retiring mentor figure and a 30 something, newly-established Batman aren't really comparable) but can still market it as a Batman and Flash movie.

Why do they need Batman in the DCEU in the first place?? These films are barely connected as is, having Battinson off doing his own thing won't affect anything else.

4 minutes ago, TMP said:

Why do they need Batman in the DCEU in the first place?? These films are barely connected as is, having Battinson off doing his own thing won't affect anything else.

Spoiler

3/3 of DC’s most globally successful movies this century have been Batman related, I can sort of understand why corporate would want to shove Batman connections into everything.    

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Arendelle Legion said:

Hide contents

3/3 of DC’s most globally successful movies this century have been Batman related, I can sort of understand why corporate would want to shove Batman connections into everything.    

Aquaman made more than any Batman movie globally

7 minutes ago, TMP said:

Aquaman made more than any Batman movie globally

Yeah, I deliberately avoided nominal highest-grossing since it’s a 20 year period. TDK obviously is the most successful peaking at #4 WW. I think TDKR making 7th and Joker blowing the R record away by such a margin round out the top 3. Aquaman would be next though. 

Edited by Arendelle Legion
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

Let's not forget that Keaton back and muktiverse approach means that Bale CAN someday return if they somehow convince him. Maybe even Nolan's version of Robin. 

There's just a lot of options on the table with them doing this. Think that's what excites me the most. 

Also, the big one... Halle Berry's Catwoman! 

For God’s sake, leave TDKT out of this! I don’t want to be forced to accept the idea that TDK exists in the same multiverse as the Arrowverse. Besides, that would be a huge slap in the face to what Nolan’s vision was. 

Also, why are people suggesting that Michael Keaton playing Batman again wouldn’t be a draw?

Edited by WittyUsername

Just now, WittyUsername said:

For God’s sake, leave TDKT out of this! I don’t want to be forced to accept the idea that TDK exists in the same multiverse as the Arrowverse. Besides, that would be a huge slap in the face to what Nolan’s vision was. 

I don't want to accept that anything movie related exists in the same "multiverse" as the Arrowverse. As far as I can tell, that Ezra Miller cameo was some non-canon easter egg.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, lorddemaxus said:

I don't want to accept that anything movie related exists in the same "multiverse" as the Arrowverse. As far as I can tell, that Ezra Miller cameo was some non-canon easter egg.

Judging by the Michael Keaton news, and the fact that the movie division at WB were apparently the ones who requested the Ezra Miller cameo, it seems like that was supposed to be a cross promotional tie-in. 

7 hours ago, eddyxx said:

Who doesn’t like cyber punk and a Clint Eastwood style Bruce Wayne?

I certainly don’t like the idea of a Bruce Wayne who banged Batgirl. It’s especially weird in the DCAU, because he knew Barbara since she was a kid. 

According to Griffin Schiller (The Playlist), Michael Keaton will make just a cameo in 'The Flash' + introduction to 'Batman Beyond' in 2023. He didn't accepted yet because he wants Tim Burton to direct.

I don't know where he said this but I think it was in a poadcast.

• Disbelief 1

7 hours ago, TestPattern said:

Scoopers have started teasing Bale. Maybe for Flash maybe for Thor 4

Making Bale the DCEU's Batman would kind of nullify the ending to TDKR, but it makes a shit-ton more sense than bringing in Keaton

7 hours ago, TestPattern said:

Scoopers have started teasing Bale. Maybe for Flash maybe for Thor 4

Well, Bale is in Thor, so... if there’s teasing in a way which could just be that, it’s probably just that.