Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

13 minutes ago, Verrows said:

Trailer comments? Anecdotal word of mouth?

Please explain "anecdotal word of mouth."  Evidence.  I'm not talking unverified fanboy websites.  How about industry critics/journalists?  Is this movie being buzzed about as a "highly intuitive blockbuster" on the level of Villeneuve or something??  

2 hours ago, Macleod said:

Please explain "anecdotal word of mouth."  Evidence.  I'm not talking unverified fanboy websites.  How about industry critics/journalists?  Is this movie being buzzed about as a "highly intuitive blockbuster" on the level of Villeneuve or something??  

Idk man, I was just clarifying what the poster might have meant. I can't personally comment on the buzz, though what little comments I have seen on YouTube, twitter etc seem to be surprisingly positive.

3 hours ago, Macleod said:

Please explain.  :hahaha:

Ah, I just saw positive twitter reactions when the trailer was released the other day. Also, the trailer has had 21 million views, which is very close to GOTG III's 22 million. INDIANA JONES V on the other hand has had 8 million plus. That's not a clear indicator of good box office numbers, but I think the interest is definitely there.

• Like 1

I preferred the previous date, if only because I don’t care for the idea of the Summer slate potentially getting shuffled around just because this moved up by a single week. 

By the way, regarding the box office, I would imagine that WB might be just a tad disappointed if this earns less than The Batman. 

• Like 1

On 12/6/2022 at 4:28 AM, JWR said:

I think WB is betting on the average person not knowing about Ezra's controversies. Though that becomes a challenge when the press tour begins and the question inevitably comes up. 

I think one reason we are not getting trailers is Warner's is figuring out a way to sell the film while keeping Miller's presence to a minimum.

• Like 2

On 12/6/2022 at 12:41 PM, SnokesLegs said:

Huge in DC circles, but The Flash is still a relative unknown with general audiences outside appearances in a poorly received Joss Whedon film/a wildly divisive 4 hour Snyder film that wasn’t widely seen by people who aren’t Snyder fans.

This is basically the character’s first solo film, so even if the Miller controversy doesn’t end up being a negative factor, I still wouldn’t be expecting giant numbers. Personally I’d say it’ll fall somewhere between Black Adam and MoS.

BS. Flash is well known through the TV series.

Thoght that could hurt it on the "I have watched the show, why should I pay to see something I have already seen" basis.

4 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I think one reason we are not getting trailers is Warner's is figuring out a way to sell the film while keeping Miller's presence to a minimum.

Sell it on Keaton coming back and don't show Miller's face heavily, if at all, in the trailers. 

7 minutes ago, dudalb said:

BS. Flash is well known through the TV series.

Thoght that could hurt it on the "I have watched the show, why should I pay to see something I have already seen" basis.

The show isn’t exactly a ratings smash, the season 8 finale had 570k live viewers (I know it’ll make up a decent amount on demand, but not THAT much). It did well enough for The CW, but that’s a very low bar.

8 minutes ago, JWR said:

Sell it on Keaton coming back and don't show Miller's face heavily, if at all, in the trailers. 

I suspect something like that will happen

But now we have the rumors of a total reboot of the DCU to contend with....

• Like 1

Just now, SnokesLegs said:

The show isn’t exactly a ratings smash, the season 8 finale had 570k live viewers (I know it’ll make up a decent amount on demand, but not THAT much). It did well enough for The CW, but that’s a very low bar.

Maybe, but the Flash is still one of the better known Comic book charecters....much better known then some who have sucessful movies made about them over at Marvel.

When WB made Man of Steel a decade ago, their only intention for that film was to revitalize the Superman franchise, Batman Begins-style. The decision to make it the launching point for a DC cinematic universe came very late, after Green Lantern failed to do that.  That hastiness is why they're still in this confusing mess in the first place. 

It'd be like if they decided today to make Barbie (which looks like a standalone film) share the same continuity as the Abrams-produced Hot Wheels film they're currently developing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

Maybe, but the Flash is still one of the better known Comic book charecters....much better known then some who have sucessful movies made about them over at Marvel.

I mean Superman is known universally doesn't matter much when they don't even make much.

3 hours ago, dudalb said:

I was just going to say, it's odd that we've started to get a wave of trailers for next year's summer gauntlet lineup of films but still nothing for The Flash. This seems like a logical reason. They're definitely being super careful and calculated with it. Well, they have to be.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Verrows said:

I was just going to say, it's odd that we've started to get a wave of trailers for next year's summer gauntlet lineup of films but still nothing for The Flash. This seems like a logical reason. They're definitely being super careful and calculated with it. Well, they have to be.

I mean there's already a trailer out and the movie's still 6 months away.

7 minutes ago, poweranimals said:

I mean there's already a trailer out and the movie's still 6 months away.

There's no trailer actually.

The only footage that we have seen was a sneak peek from DC Fandome which Warner never officially released on social media/YouTube channel.

• Like 1