Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

1 hour ago, WittyUsername said:

For my money, I’m not expecting this movie to be poorly received. I seriously doubt that critics will agree with the insistence that it’s one of the greatest superhero movies ever made, but I’m sure it’ll fare better than Black Adam and Fury of the Gods. I just think the endless hyping has gotten annoying. 

Nobody's forcing you, you could choose not to listen to it.

• Like 5

Here is the thing:

Nevermind Ezra Miller’s fuck ups and crimes for a second. I like my nostalgia rush too, No Way Home is one of my favorite superhero films of all time, surpassing other Spider-Man films like Into the Spider-Verse, Homecoming, Far From Home and Spider-Man 2.

I think that regardless of the performance, asking a film that features Flash as the main character, even if you have Burton’s Batman as one of the ‘best superhero films of all time’ is a bit of a tall order. There isn’t anything novel about the character of Flash like let’s say Deadpool and how that film was able to translate a 4th breaker wall merc with a mouth to the big screen. I like the Muschiettis too, Stephen King, and I bet that they poured their hearts into this. But at end of the day the main character still is the Flash. 

When people say it’s one of ‘greatest superhero films of all time’ talking about Flashpoint I don’t think No Way Home or Into the Spider-Verse. I think of how reactions were praising the first Shazam before that was out. And sure, the first Shazam is great, don’t get me wrong. But not groundbreaking. I will watch it, but I think that screaming at the top of your lungs that you’re the best superhero film of all time as a marketing tool might end up biting this one back at the end.

Edited by ZattMurdock

28 minutes ago, Notthereverseflash24 said:

Nobody's forcing you, you could choose not to listen to it.

Who said anyone’s forcing me to? By that logic, no one’s forcing you to listen to people being skeptical over the hype. 

Edited by WittyUsername

36 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Who said anyone’s forcing me to? By that logic, no one’s forcing you to listen to people being skeptical over the hype. 

I am guessing its because you have been pretty much rooting for the movie to fail, and just consistently keep spamming the same thing in this thread with any reaction which comes out. There's a point where that becomes tiring to read for people as well. We get it, you think the movie will suck, so why spend so much time in a thread for a movie which you think is bad and will flop? There's better things to do with your time, like spend in in movie threads for movies you like or are rooting for instead.

Always better to spread positivity than try to inject negativity into any discussion and any thread. Like you are the 4th most posting member in this thread, and I am guessing 80% of those posts will be "Why is Zaslav promoting this in such a big way" and "I think they are overhyping". 

1 minute ago, cax16 said:

It’s already terrible leading up to the release, I can only imagine when it opens and gets like a 74 on RT, gonna be insufferable on here and twitter. 

Wittyusername standing by ready.

• Like 9

The thing is at this point something below a 90% on RT will be seen as a disappointment.

The situation is getting a bit similar to MoM (not necessarily in quality) in that the cameos were being hyped again and again, then the people didn't see their desired cameos thus leading to worst MCU multiplier. Similar situation can occur, the everyday reports from celebrities saying that it is the greatest superhero movie of all time can lead to unrealistic expectations which can result in failure is those expectations aren't met

Edited by Immortal

7 minutes ago, Immortal said:

The thing is at this point something below a 90% on RT will be seen as a disappointment.

The situation is getting a bit similar to MoM (not necessarily in quality) in that the cameos were being hyped again and again, then the people didn't see their desired cameos thus leading to worst MCU multiplier. Similar situation can occur, the everyday reports from celebrities saying that it is the greatest superhero movie of all time can lead to unrealistic expectations which can result in failure is those expectations aren't met

I’d be shocked with something over 80 just cause of Ezra’s personal life situation. 

People may think that won’t have an impact but it definitely will. 

Edited by cax16
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, grim22 said:

I am guessing its because you have been pretty much rooting for the movie to fail, and just consistently keep spamming the same thing in this thread with any reaction which comes out. There's a point where that becomes tiring to read for people as well. We get it, you think the movie will suck, so why spend so much time in a thread for a movie which you think is bad and will flop? There's better things to do with your time, like spend in in movie threads for movies you like or are rooting for instead.

Always better to spread positivity than try to inject negativity into any discussion and any thread. Like you are the 4th most posting member in this thread, and I am guessing 80% of those posts will be "Why is Zaslav promoting this in such a big way" and "I think they are overhyping". 

Wittyusername standing by ready.

When have I done any of this? I don’t even post in this thread that often. Hell, I wasn’t even the one who made the initial comment about WB being desperate. I specifically said that I doubt critics will outright pan this, and I never suggested it would flop.

I don’t think I’ve even seen anyone here suggesting this will fail. Some of us are merely skeptical that it’s as great as they’re cracking it up to be. That’s it. Why are you so defensive over that? Does your entire identity really hinge on this being the greatest thing in the history of humanity?

It is absolutely unprecedented the amount of early overhyping this movie is getting

not even Marvel claims one of their movies is going to be “the best superhero movie ever made” and have this many celebrity endorsements

It is definitely odd 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Immortal said:

I am 100% sure this is not getting critical acclaim for reasons other than quality, like Ezra's personal life for example. It will happen. But yes, people are ready to tear this apart with anything below 89%.

Will be an insufferable time to be on the internet lol

Just for the record, no one ever said this was the best comic book movie ever. Test screening scores we’re supposedly the highest since TDK, it was never stated it’s the best comic book movie ever.

Zaslav who has probably watched 2 comic book movies his whole life said it was the best cbm “he’s seen”, and Gunn said it was one of the best and since he just revealed his top 5 last week and this wasn’t included that should answer that. Let’s not also forget we’ve had a whole lot of comic book movies made so even if this movie fell into his(or your) top 15 that’s still pretty good. 

Edited by cax16
  • Like 3

Just now, cax16 said:

Just for the record, no one ever said this was the best comic book movie ever. Test screening scores we’re supposedly the highest since TDK, it was never stated it’s the best comic book movie ever.

Zaslav who has probably watched 2 comic book movies his whole life said it was the best “he’s seen”, and Gunn said it was one of the best and since he just revealed his top 5 last week and this wasn’t included that should answer that. Let’s not also forget we’ve had a whole lot of comic book movies made so even if this movie fell into his(or your) top 15 that’s still pretty good. 

The scoopers and leakers have repeatedly insisted that this movie not only scored well in test screenings, but that it received standing ovations among test audiences, which supposedly doesn’t happen very often at all. I actually was excited when I initially read that, but they’ve been repeating it so many times since then that it does feel a bit suspect.

Again though, that doesn’t mean this movie will be bad or flop. I haven’t seen anyone here suggesting that. Some of us simply find it interesting/amusing how hard they’re pushing it. It’s perfectly fine to be excited for this. Don’t let other people take that away from you. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I don’t even post in this thread that often.

You are literally the 4th highest poster in this thread. The stats are on the top right for anyone to see. And every single one of your posts is the same over and over, so you can see why people are tired of seeing it.

Cx1gAQM.png

• Haha 13
  • Astonished 1

10 minutes ago, grim22 said:

You are literally the 4th highest poster in this thread. The stats are on the top right for anyone to see. And every single one of your posts is the same over and over, so you can see why people are tired of seeing it.

Cx1gAQM.png

I’m pretty sure most of my prior comments in this thread are from last year and the year before that, particularly when this whole thread had devolved into a discussion about Ezra Miller’s personal drama.

I did make some comments earlier this year where I made it clear that I was fully expecting this movie to be a crowdpleaser. In fact, I believe I even made a comment from either around or right before the Cinemacon reactions started rolling in where I wondered if this could get an A+ on Cinemascore.

Seriously, what are you going on about here? I don’t post on this thread daily, and I sure as hell don’t remember claiming it would flop. Why the hell are you getting on my case, just because I’m one of multiple people who pointed out how much WB is hyping up this thing? 

Are you an employee at WB? I’m pretty sure you’ve made it clear that you do work in the industry to some extent, so do you have a personal stake here?

Edited by WittyUsername

20 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

The scoopers and leakers have repeatedly insisted that this movie not only scored well in test screenings, but that it received standing ovations among test audiences, which supposedly doesn’t happen very often at all. I actually was excited when I initially read that, but they’ve been repeating it so many times since then that it does feel a bit suspect.

Again though, that doesn’t mean this movie will be bad or flop. I haven’t seen anyone here suggesting that. Some of us simply find it interesting/amusing how hard they’re pushing it. It’s perfectly fine to be excited for this. Don’t let other people take that away from you. 

Personally I’ve never read anything about standing ovations at test screenings but I’m not gonna argue about that point. With respects the other points, who really cares? So what if they said the movie was received really well? They said that about Batman also, no one called this the best superhero movie ever so you guys should stop with that garbage already, you’re just as bad as so called scoopers and leakers saying stuff that was never said, it’s just so annoying already.