Neo

The Flash | June 16 2023 | Ezra Miller, Michael Keaton | We’re stoping the count at a Nice 69% RT (it’s 72% For Real) | Please Remember that Your Enjoyment Of The Film is Not Based On Others Opinions And To Be Nice To Each Other

2 minutes ago, Ronin46 said:

Hacks? Why do you feel the need to slag anyone and anything off. 

Pretty common term for PR people who handle the routine stuff.

PR people themsleves refer to themselves as Hacks.

Edited by dudalb

4 hours ago, dudalb said:

I think Zaslev is making some wierd decision...I can understand not giving Batgirl a theatrical release if the management thinks it's not very good...ait costs ten of millions of dollars to get a film into theaters...people forget it was started as an HBOMAX feature and a theartical relase was just a afterthought,..but not giving it a streaming release makes no sense. you spent the money might as well

get something out of it.

Apparently, if it's given any kind of release it can't be treated as a tax write-off/write-down or whatever.

53 minutes ago, John Marston said:

new article dropped today about Ezra allegedly grooming minors and running a cult in Iceland 

https://www.businessinsider.com/ezra-miller-flash-running-a-cult-grooming-minors-carrying-guns-2022-8

Good grief. If somebody pitched the saga of the DCEU to a producer, she'd probably tell them to stop doing drugs. No way back from this one.

That earnings call at 4:30 PM EST should be interesting to say the least. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BruiseCruise said:

The Crown Jewel of Warner Bros is being destroyed because their previous leadership decided to coddle 2 B-List actors lmaoooo

That's the huge irony. We're not talking A listers who were perfect for their roles. They were both TERRIBLE. At least with Aquaman, they can pretty easily reshoot, and if Lost Kingdom gets moved back to later in '23, that's almost certainly what they're planning, but Jesus... Flash is just ruined. 

11 minutes ago, BruiseCruise said:

The Crown Jewel of Warner Bros is being destroyed because their previous leadership decided to coddle 2 B-List actors lmaoooo

Certainly doesn't help, but the fact is the incompetence at WB goes back so far that, had they actually made the movie when they were supposed to, this needn't have bene such a huge issue. They could have rebooted the whole goddamn DCEU using the Flash years ago. But because they couldn't get their act together, they're now stuck with this disaster.

I used to admire WB for being the one studio willing to take risks and give creative freedom to their directors back in the early 2000's. But now... Jesus.

1 hour ago, A Star is Orm said:

Good grief. If somebody pitched the saga of the DCEU to a producer, she'd probably tell them to stop doing drugs. No way back from this one.

That earnings call at 4:30 PM EST should be interesting to say the least. 

Yeah I'm awaiting a big tell all book about this whole saga.. which is much more interesting than the actual on screen DCEU. 

17 hours ago, dudalb said:

Pretty common term for PR people who handle the routine stuff.

PR people themsleves refer to themselves as Hacks.

Everyone has a job. Respect them a bit, unless/until they personally prove you wrong.

17 hours ago, dudalb said:

How long until the Batwomen footage gets leaked?

It would be fun if it stayed unseen and became the new "The Day The Clown Cried" but that is pretty unlikely.

I don't know, The CW's been leaking pretty awful Batwoman footage for the past few years...it's a miracle it survived 3 seasons!  Oh, you mean BATGIRL?  Totally different character... 😁

• Haha 1

I was fine with Ezra's portrayal of the Flash initially, but I'll be honest, at this point, they are like Kevin Spacey. Maybe they are a good actor, but I can't separate all the bad stuff from the performance.  Can't watch this.  Just feels icky.  I feel terrible for the rest of the cast and crew, who I am sure worked hard and would like to see their work be presented to an audience, but no. Just too much to come back from on this. Take the 'L'. 

3 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Can we please not lump Amber Heard in the same boat as Ezra Miller? No, seriously, just don’t. It’s not her fault that Johnny Depp and his fans are insane.

The Jury was also insane I guess huh, and anyways she's a PR nightmare as is, whether you believe her or not is moot and hurting the sequel to your biggest film ever to protect some B-Lister is just plain dumb, actors have been let go of for less

Just now, BruiseCruise said:

The Jury was also insane I guess huh, and anyways she's a PR nightmare as is, whether you believe her or not is moot and hurting the sequel to your biggest film ever to protect some B-Lister is just plain dumb, actors have been let go of for less

Yes, actually, the jury was pretty insane, as was the jury that acquitted O.J. Simpson, and the recent unsealing of the court documents have not painted a flattering picture for Depp, as many mainstream publications have reported. 

• Like 1