baumer

Wednesday Numbers 22% drop 8.1 mill THG

IMO, today's drop will be 4-6%.

My predictions right now is 5-7% drop today and 120-125% jump on Friday. If it stays flat today, it should jump 110-115%.So overall I am just a bit more optimistic than you. :)

I expect an increase today

Why? Big films in their first week of release don't increase on Thursdays. For examples, TDK dropped 10% on its first Thurs. Don't expect it to increase.

Good Wednesday number. It may be a "big tumble" compared to the other movies, but it's also making a buttload of cash everyday compared to the other movies.I think it stays around 8m on Thursday and then has a 68m-72m 2nd weekend.

There is not even a remote possibility of this getting 72m weekend now.

Good Wednesday number. It may be a "big tumble" compared to the other movies, but it's also making a buttload of cash everyday compared to the other movies.I think it stays around 8m on Thursday and then has a 68m-72m 2nd weekend.

How is that possible? Are you expecting it to increase by 150% on Friday 50% on Saturday and drop 25% on Sunday?8 Thurs20 Friday30 Sat29 SundayImpossible. This train has left the station.

Weekend scenario, with ALICE numbers:

Thursday: 8.0m (-)

Friday: 20.4m (+155%)

Saturday: 31.74m (+55%)

Sunday: 22.22m (-30%)

Weekend: 74.36m (-51.3%)

Now that would be an insane hold....

Here's a more conservative scenario:

Thursday: 8.0m (-)

Friday: 18.8m (+135%)

Saturday: 25.38m (+35%)

Sunday: 18.53m (-27%)

Weekend: 62.71m (-59%)

That's with significantly crappier jumps than Alice... doable, IMO.

Edited by rockNrollaDIM

That would be pretty disappointing after the predictions by some trackers.

But it's not an idictment of the film. This was going to be frontloaded right from the beginning. This opened way bigger than anyone thought it would which means EVERYONE rushed out to see it. There is still a finite amount of people who love this series. It is damn near impossible for it to sustain any kind of massive momentum like some of the loonies here predict it will.

Alice was geared more towards kids and that's why the weekend increases were so substantial. THG is not a kids film which means the weekend bumps will be less.

Alice was geared more towards kids and that's why the weekend increases were so substantial. THG is not a kids film which means the weekend bumps will be less.

But THAT much less? This appeals very much to teens too. As well as to adults who have been waiting for the second weekend.I don't think it drops 20% harder than Alice. Edited by rockNrollaDIM

But THAT much less? This appeals very much to teens too. As well as to adults who have been waiting for the second weekend.I don't think it drops 20% harder than Alice.

Alice didn't open to 150 mill. Big difference.

But it's not an idictment of the film. This was going to be frontloaded right from the beginning. This opened way bigger than anyone thought it would which means EVERYONE rushed out to see it. There is still a finite amount of people who love this series. It is damn near impossible for it to sustain any kind of massive momentum like some of the loonies here predict it will.

Boxoffice.com's weekend prediction is 72m. You're saying they're loonies? Edited by Han Cobb

Boxoffice.com's weekend prediction is 72m. You're saying they're loonies?

Yes. I am. It's compltely unrealistic to predict that high.