Fake

Friday Numbers

Shrek 2 only dropped 33 percent from a 108 OW. What an impressive run for that movie.

I remember that, it rivals the original Shrek for impressiveness, the original actually increased by .3% in it's 2nd weekend. That's not something that happens very often, especially on movies that open over 42 mil.

A $300 million+ last installment that was universally hated (Biggest second weekend drop in that series), starting everything over with a new cast (after the public knows the Raimi cast as those characters), retreading the same territory ten years on and nowhere near the enthusiasm from the masses or fandom. That should always be taken into account...and it never does as we're seeing with Wrath of the Titans. Ditto First Class and Pirates 4 last year.

SM1 had tons of hype, but its SM1 top 3 biggest SH franchise out there. 200M with 3D on the 4th, thats a lock thats a lock. Titans wasn't a complete reboot, the here remained the same only a few actors were changed. Pirated 4 really, thats your best one, it crossed 200M.

Yep. Shrek 2. You're right.

EDIT: I could have sworn some tried to spin its opening as a disappointment on first arrival before its insane legs that summer. Anyone else?

How could someone spin a 108 OW for an animated movie that opened on a Wednesday into a negative? Must have been Pixar fanboy.

I remember that, it rivals the original Shrek for impressiveness, the original actually increased by .3% in it's 2nd weekend. That's not something that happens very often, especially on movies that open over 42 mil.

Yup. Shrek 1 and Shrek 2 put on a show for us lol.

SM1 had tons of hype, but its SM1 top 3 biggest SH franchise out there. 200M with 3D on the 4th, thats a lock thats a lock. Titans wasn't a complete reboot, the here remained the same only a few actors were changed. Pirated 4 really, thats your best one, it crossed 200M.

My point has been it's not guaranteed to break $200 million on 3D and brand-name alone. Not that it won't.

33M seems like a best-case scenario for Wrath. Exactly 5 years ago in 2007 Blades of Glory opened to 12.3M and finished with only 33M.But this is a sequel, I expect it to be much more frontloaded - less than 30M for Wrath.

33M seems like a best-case scenario for Wrath. Exactly 5 years ago in 2007 Blades of Glory opened to 12.3M and finished with only 33M.But this is a sequel, I expect it to be much more frontloaded - less than 30M for Wrath.

What does BoG have to do with WotT? Less than 30M total?

Huge Superman fan (I'm the guy who loved Returns - Hi, pleased to meet ya!) but I know The Man of Steel has a big uphill battle ahead of it thanks to the mixed reception of the last film. Its release sucking doesn't help matters either.

Man of Steel has the advantage of being the first Superman movie where he punches someone