lorddemaxus

Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City | November 24, 2021 | Kaya Scodelario as Claire, Robbie Amell as Chris, Hannah John-Kamen as Jill, Avan Jogia as Leon

On 8/30/2021 at 10:21 AM, Dominic Draper said:

I enjoyed the Milla movies as silly B movie cheesiness since the games are mostly that.

And they also have some really cool action (except for the last one, where PWSA brought on Neveldine/Taylor's editors, who didn't fit the material at all). Like, Afterlife is probably one of the leanest, tightest action movies of the past decade.

51 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

And they also have some really cool action (except for the last one, where PWSA brought on Neveldine/Taylor's editors, who didn't fit the material at all). Like, Afterlife is probably one of the leanest, tightest action movies of the past decade.

The last one was such a disappointment. No idea what happened there.

1 minute ago, Dominic Draper said:

The last one was such a disappointment. No idea what happened there.

I generally liked it, but the action is so dissapointing (espescially since Anderson is great at the geography of his action, which is completely missing here). The main reason I liked it was the ending. Unexpectedly emotional stuff there and the only point the schizophrenic editing actually works.

I like first 3 RE movies and Retribution is a guilty pleasure of mine, very funny movie. But all 3 films after RE3 were strings of random nonsense without plot. I'm almost sure this one will be easily better than the last 3 movies and if execution is actually good, it'll be better than all 6 movies. I know gamers/fanboys care only about cheap fan service, but the only thing they should care about is if it's a good movie (and they usually stop complaining about lack of fan service or any liberties if movie turns out to be good). Most characters in this franchise were cool looking cartoons with nothing behind them, looks like this one actually tries to add some depth and make them more like real human beings, so I really hope it's good and it won't be another Rambo 5 situation (great script completely ruined by Stallone's final rewrites and bad execution, and turned into a shitty movie).

Edited by Firepower

10 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

That’s good. 

I forgot how big the Milla - Resident Evil films are overseas. The last film made $26.8m in America, but $285.4m internationally. Crazy. 

That mostly came from China if I recall correctly. The 4th and 3rd movies however were very strong in OS-China.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

90 minutes would be absolutely perfect. 

Not in this case, unless the final film is terrible. It's supposed to be 2 hour movie with slow build up to set atmosphere, locations, characters and tone. There's a good reason why it was developed as 2 hour movie.

Edited by Firepower

1 minute ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

I saw this thread bumped. Reminded me the film exists. And still no trailer.

Sony isn’t releasing with Venom?

We will probably get a trailer today or tomorrow, I think.