YM!

Lightyear | 6/17/22 | Disney/Pixar | PUPPY INTERVIEW FRIDAY SO NO REASON TO SEE MOVIE NOW. FLOP INCOMING

2 hours ago, JWR said:

That still shocks me to this day. Inside Out was competing with Jurassic World AND Minions yet it outgrossed the latter domestically while making $858M Worldwide.

So, if an original Pixar film can pull those numbers, this could be huge.

Inside OUt turned to be one of Pixar's best films, which was nice after a number of dissapointing ones.

Lightyear is an unknown quantity.

8 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

I just checked out of sheer curiosity, and a lot of people on Twitter are not happy about the movie having a gay kiss in it. 

I dont think this movies chances are dependant on Twitter Opinions.

2 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

That goes without saying. It’s just weird to me that in 2022, some people still want to whine about gay people in a movie. 

Yes but there are also people in 2022 who believe the earth is flat^^

There are not only smart people on Planet Earth.

Edited by Brainbug the Dinosaur

13 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

That goes without saying. It’s just weird to me that in 2022, some people still want to whine about gay people in a movie. 

Well, tbh there's still a whole segment of the world where it's officially frowned upon

See what I said about them above though

On 4/28/2022 at 6:30 AM, WittyUsername said:

SOme want to do a lot more then whine. Look at the crap going down in Florida and Texas.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, CloneWars said:

I want to know if this is a prequel to the TS films why does this appear to take place so far into the future.

It's an "in-universe" film. It's the film that the Buzz Lightyear toys in Toy Story are based off. Think of it like this is the film Andy watched that made him love Buzz so then his mom got him the toy. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MaverickXXR said:

It's an "in-universe" film. It's the film that the Buzz Lightyear toys in Toy Story are based off. Think of it like this is the film Andy watched that made him love Buzz so then his mom got him the toy. 

I wonder how many people will be confused by this. I think a lot of Toy Story Fans think that this is connected to the Buzz they know.

3 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

I wonder how many people will be confused by this. I think a lot of Toy Story Fans think that this is connected to the Buzz they know.

Probably a few, since even people who follow movies (like on this forum) are confused by it. IMO, Lightyear should start off with Andy's mom taking Andy into a theater to watch the movie. That'll give everyone the quick and easy idea behind it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, MaverickXXR said:

Probably a few, since even people who follow movies (like on this forum) are confused by it. IMO, Lightyear should start off with Andy's mom taking Andy into a theater to watch the movie. That'll give everyone the quick and easy idea behind it. 

There is a crawl on the opening explaining it (kinda like Star Wars) 

At least someone who saw the first 30 minutes said it have