cax16

Blue Beetle | August 18, 2023 | WB/DC | Director - Angel Manuel Soto | First DC Universe Character!

25 minutes ago, poweranimals said:

Fan screenings almost a month in advance is a bad idea in my opinion. Do they really think these people are still going to be talking about it a month later?

Ehh three weeks isn't that crazy in advance. Not like how Flash was. Plus this is all the promo the movies gonna get it seems, so any WOM is good.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, poweranimals said:

Fan screenings almost a month in advance is a bad idea in my opinion. Do they really think these people are still going to be talking about it a month later?

It's all influencer tho,so the promotion more like WOM thing.

2 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

Ehh three weeks isn't that crazy in advance. Not like how Flash was. Plus this is all the promo the movies gonna get it seems, so any WOM is good.

Yeah like, they need the hype out there. TMNT did something similar.

• Like 1

This is gonna be such a nonevent sadly.

Is Bruna the first Brazilian actor in a big role for DC? @ZattMurdock

Because Brazilians are generally there for DC movies and it feels like they sorta could have cast a Brazilian in something better than this.

Give me Rodrigo Santoro in something juicy.

• Sad 1

Just now, Arlborn said:

This is gonna be such a nonevent sadly.

Is Bruna the first Brazilian actor in a big role for DC? @ZattMurdock

Because Brazilians are generally there for DC movies and it feels like they sorta could have cast a Brazilian in something better than this.

Give me Rodrigo Santoro in something juicy.

Yeah, she is like the first Brazilian actor with some considerable clout in Hollywood since Wagner Moura. I legit think that Bruna has the right kind of look, age and acting capabilities for something like this. I wish that if Gunn will keep them as parts of the DCU, Bruna could ascend to eventually become Fire:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire_(comics)

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Beatriz_da_Costa_(New_Earth)

The_Human_Target_Vol_1_7_Textless_Lau_Va

Even if she isn’t called Beatriz da Costa (that’s such a non issue and too close to Sunspot’s Roberto ‘Beto’ DaCosta anyway). She and Xolo have the star power that I feel could be helpful to the DCU in the future. She is just too good and at right age to simply play the MJ archetype, which I kinda don’t feel that Blue Beetle even needed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Yeah, she is like the first Brazilian actor with some considerable clout in Hollywood since Wagner Moura. I legit think that Bruna has the right kind of look, age and acting capabilities for something like this. I wish that if Gunn will keep them as parts of the DCU, Bruna could ascend to eventually become Fire:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire_(comics)

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Beatriz_da_Costa_(New_Earth)

The_Human_Target_Vol_1_7_Textless_Lau_Va

Even if she isn’t called Beatriz da Costa (that’s such a non issue and too close to Sunspot’s Roberto ‘Beto’ DaCosta anyway). She and Xolo have the star power that I feel could be helpful to the DCU in the future. She is just too good and at right age to simply play the MJ archetype, which I kinda don’t feel that Blue Beetle even needed.

Man, I appreciate your enthusiasm but this movie is DOA, she won’t be asked back.

Also, clout? Not sure I understand that because I can think of at least 4 Brazilians currently working in Hollywood that are more well known than her over there. One of them is even coming back for her third outing in a marvel movie…

24 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Man, I appreciate your enthusiasm but this movie is DOA, she won’t be asked back.

Also, clout? Not sure I understand that because I can think of at least 4 Brazilians currently working in Hollywood that are more well known than her over there. One of them is even coming back for her third outing in a marvel movie…

I don’t have any hope that this is going to do well, sadly. But I do think that Gunn will keep his promise of keeping Xolo around. If he is keeping Blue Beetle (and already planning things with Booster Gold, which makes logical sense where these characters could show up next), it’s not that much of a stretch that they’d keep Bruna around as well imho. 

And I think I got you wrong, I thought you meant popular Brazilian actors when it comes to the up and coming that are famous here but not in Hollywood. Obviously I think that Wagner Moura, Rodrigo Santoro and Deadpool’s Vanessa (Morena Baccarin) are circles and circles better than Bruna, but she has age and her crazy Brazilian’s popularity going for her. If we are getting some sort of JLI in our future, and looks like the current casting for Superman: Legacy we might, I don’t think we could find a better actress to play Fire. I mean there is The Killer’s Sophia Charlotte, but since Bruna is already there, I think it’s a happen stance and she is at the right age for it.

Edited by ZattMurdock
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

I'm very curious as to what the Snyder fans reaction will be now lol

Snyder said he liked WW84 and that he was looking forward to The Flash. This is nothing new. Contrary to what people like Tatiana Siegel claim, Snyder isn’t some evil mastermind who wants to sabotage DC. 

Doing these screening too early has its plusses and minus. I hope it does not have the vfx issues of flash. Plus there is no Ezra issue. One negative DC has negative equity at this point and no one knows about blue beetle. Plus SH movies are no longer flavor of the day. So for it to not bomb would be an achievement. 

• Like 1