cax16

Blue Beetle | August 18, 2023 | WB/DC | Director - Angel Manuel Soto | First DC Universe Character!

11 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

If it were bad they'd say "see we knew it was bad" and when its good it's "see it's really bad when people say it's good"

At this point, the negative people are going to be negative regardless and there’s no winning them over at all. Their mind is made up. 

As for the reviews, it seems the family dynamic, Xolo himself, the cgi/action and jokes are getting praised the most while the villains are just alright and story is a typical origin story (with added Latino culture so that’s a bonus). 

17 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Someone in reddit who saw it is  expecting 80-90% RT. That would help with final week presales. Latino movies tend to do great in final week. If that group show up its OW will be much better than what we can project today based on presales. 

0meo4v.jpg

Maybe it would help if the review embargo wasn’t dropping the same day as the film rolls out internationally but WB dropped the ball big time and it doesn’t help that with DC’s overall track record, general knowledge that DC is rebooting and the overall confusion of DC’s direction (Gunn stating BB is the first DCU character yet Legacy is the first film is the new DCU is quite the word salad) 

if this film has been released when DC was off to a high start, it would be quite successful but given everything that has happened with the brand over the years and the strikes that are occurring as well as losing PLF’s one week later ain’t helping the film’s chances of success 

2 hours ago, TomThomas said:

Looks like generic paid shills reactions to most superhero movies, mention of representation in every tweet makes it even more suspicious. I absolutely don't trust this and gonna wait for average audience ratings.

That is too harsh, but all these early reviews are from the "Nerd/Geek" critics and they tend to rave about  most CBM movies; let's see what the much more influential with the average audience mainstream critics who write for major outlest say. We have so often seen the geeks crtitics rave and then the scores plummet when the non geek critics show up.

I aslo have to wonder how much a good critical recetion is going to help this movie. CBM movie burnout is definently real, and DC has had three box office disspointments in a row.

I make no judgement about BB as a movie, but I am borderline on seeing it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TomThomas said:

Looks like generic paid shills reactions to most superhero movies, mention of representation in every tweet makes it even more suspicious. I absolutely don't trust this and gonna wait for average audience ratings.

It’s a movie that clearly relies a lot in the Latino experience, why this wouldn’t be mentioned? 

Yeah i know it’s subjective and not really related to quality by itself, but i don’t see what the problem here 

I’m actually glad this is being mentioned i would be pissed if they did a focused on a Latino family just for this be irrelevant for the movie

• Like 2