BiffMan

Weekend actuals (THG $58,551,063 -61.6%)

That's still not bad. I think under a 65% drop is pretty damned good considering a $152m OW. We'll just have to see what happens now. I was expecting it to END where it is right now, so anything more it makes is fine by me. :)Everyone keep their perspectives on what the film actually IS before you freak out.

Actually, it's not that great. It's actually a pretty big drop. If 62% is good, then what is bad to you? 70%?

1 The Hunger Games $58,551,063 -62% 4,137 0 $14,153 $248,483,901 2 Lionsgate2 Wrath of the Titans $33,457,188 -- 3,545 -- $9,438 $33,457,188 1 Warner Bros.3 Mirror Mirror $18,132,085 -- 3,603 -- $5,032 $18,132,085 1 Relativity Media4 21 Jump Street $14,830,066 -28% 3,148 27 $4,711 $92,882,690 3 Sony / Columbia5 Dr. Seuss' The Lorax $7,784,645 -41% 3,264 -413 $2,385 $189,332,445 5 Universal6 John Carter $2,029,500 -60% 2,397 -815 $847 $66,233,839 4 Disney7 Act of Valor $1,001,906 -51% 1,239 -980 $809 $67,745,400 6 Relativity Media8 A Thousand Words $902,587 -54% 1,007 -780 $896 $16,508,068 4 Paramount

Ouchhh THG...You had a bad sunday huh??

Wow, it actually went below 60M, even lower than I was expecting. It's quite clear now that the OW was a total exception, an anomaly. That is a steep drop for a film with supposedly "good" WOM. It's quite clear this is mostly a fan-driven film, and not much else. This is really reminding me a lot of New Moon. New Moon had a shocking OW, followed by some pretty bad legs. Hunger's legs are not as bad, but it is behaving similarly (huge OW, and now we are seeing big drops).Bad debut for Wrath, this film is going to struggle. Only overseas might save it. Now we move on to a rather dull April, and wait until May for the big films to start their debuts.

Actually, it's not that great. It's actually a pretty big drop. If 62% is good, then what is bad to you? 70%?

Considering people are comparing it to Twilight and Potter, and that is a drop better than those, I'd say it's not bad. Is it great compared to other non-similar films? No. But did any reasonable person actually expect it to be?How is it that people say 60% is good, but add 1.6% and all of a sudden it's bad? I don't get that. When it's off of a $30m OW sure, but an extra 1.6% off of a $152m OW? Okay.

And when I think about the people talking 500 million total after the OW... :rolleyes:That's why I've decided to mostly steer clear of the huge releases, because the craziness is just too big and will draw you in unwillingly...

And I think BJ should stop with his "low-end" and "high-end" "and "Friday/Saturday/Sunday jumps based on historical data" predictions. Those in the Friday thread look embarrassingly funny now. :D

Did anyone honestly believe this was going to pass 400M? I wish Sean would unlock that HG over TDKR thread. That was gold.This is acting like any big built in franchise would. Massive OW, big drop, then it'll settle from here on out. 350M looks like a nice target.

Did anyone honestly believe this was going to pass 400M? I wish Sean would unlock that HG over TDKR thread. That was gold.This is acting like any big built in franchise would. Massive OW, big drop, then it'll settle from here on out. 350M looks like a nice target.

Who´s Sean??

Exactly. And the big drop isn't as big as it could have been, either.

We were talking 75-80 mill on saturday morning :DGood times

You can ask Noctis this too...when he first told me the 24 mill number for Friday and a projected 75 mill for the weekend, I told him I didn't believe the 24 mill number. There was no precedent for a film on its second friday to jump 200%. Look at it now. lol....it's still a massive success way more than I ever thought it would do for its total, but it is not going to behave any differently than any other loonie driven film. It will drop 50% this weekend as well. Look for it to do about 29 mill.

Did anyone honestly believe this was going to pass 400M? I wish Sean would unlock that HG over TDKR thread. That was gold.

This is acting like any big built in franchise would. Massive OW, big drop, then it'll settle from here on out. 350M looks like a nice target.

More than half this board, despite what people will say now.