cax16

Captain America: Brave New World | February 14, 2025 | Harrison Ford is General Thaddeus "Thunderbolt" Ross

Only good thing about this is Esposito. But trailer doesn't excite me to watch it in theaters looks like very generic trailer that has absolutely nothing to offer. They are obviously going fot Wintwr Soldier vibes.

• Like 1

Regardless of how it looks this has an uphill battle at the box office being a Cap movie without Steve Rogers, following a crappy streaming show, and the collapse of big markets for these films like China and Korea. 500m worldwide seems to be the target

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The trailer is alright, but I'll certainly give credit that the way it's put together (especially from an editing standpoint) is genuinely good. It's fast, but something that feels noticeably different and kind of refreshing from the more slower-paced MCU trailers we've gotten for stuff like The Marvels. 

Cautiously optimistic the Cap movies are my favourite of the MCU and I enjoyed Falcon and Winter Soldier mostly. Still worried too much is in this film BUT when you're dealing with Captain America it makes sense. 

Feb and March are empty enough that if it gets a decent enough OW it should have good legs even with Snow White releasing late March. 

I don’t know if people are lying to themselves for self reassurance or probably me having a off day so far but yeah the trailer is very mediocre imo. They will at least have strong online interest with the Red Hulk thingy but overall idk it makes the movie looks a bit TV ish,  and not HBO TV, more like Showtime🥴which is fine for TV but yeah.

I think the biggest challenge here besides the obvious elephant in the room, will be, convincing people that a character that was last time highlighted in a Disney plus show is now worthy of a solo theater experience. I would say Red Hulk should do the trick but The Hulk as brand also taken a hit and has been diluted in Disney + as well. The movie is far enough that they can hopefully deliver stronger promo material and right the tides

Also stop giving these big blockbuster to inexperienced TV  directors and writers, because they had one hit show on Disney plus. Enough. Movie and Tv are two different mediums. That also applies to Thunderbolt and F4

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Ryan C said:

The trailer is alright, but I'll certainly give credit that the way it's put together (especially from an editing standpoint) is genuinely good. It's fast, but something that feels noticeably different and kind of refreshing from the more slower-paced MCU trailers we've gotten for stuff like The Marvels. 

Agreed. Came here to say basically this too. Loved the flashing effect with the text, sound and lighting. Something a bit different! 

Can’t say the same about the actual film though. Maybe something closer to release will grab my attention. 

I think the teaser was solid, nothing worse nor better than what I would have expected from this. 

As for the box office, I think one problem is that the plot of the movies did never do something to highlight Sam and made us actually care about him or at least not enough to be the star of his own movie. After Hawkeye, he's probably the least popular avenger from the Infinity Saga. That's one of the things I liked about the TV show, we actually got to know more about him. 

I think it will do just fine because of the fans who are curious about what's next for the future. He's supposed to be the new leader of the Avengers so it's not really another Marvel movie, that could be a hook for the GA

2 minutes ago, Mickiland16 said:

I think the teaser was solid, nothing worse nor better than what I would have expected from this. 

As for the box office, I think one problem is that the plot of the movies did never do something to highlight Sam and made us actually care about him or at least not enough to be the star of his own movie. After Hawkeye, he's probably the least popular avenger from the Infinity Saga. That's one of the things I liked about the TV show, we actually got to know more about him. 

I think it will do just fine because of the fans who are curious about what's next for the future. He's supposed to be the new leader of the Avengers so it's not really another Marvel movie, that could be a hook for the GA

400/500M WW should be good nowadays