cax16

Captain America: Brave New World | February 14, 2025 | Harrison Ford is General Thaddeus "Thunderbolt" Ross

6 hours ago, Cappoedameron said:

This movie is getting bashed to holy hell on social media. Apparently the israeli military propoganda and casting a Jewish actor as a villain in a movie with a title as New World Order is antisemitic...

IDK to me when I first hear the words New World Order I think of the NWO in wrestling...

The Internet and even Fanbases are not the tangible world.  Perception means something, sure, but the only results that matter are how the movie is received when people actually get to see it.  People's own subconscious perceptions are their own.  

And hey, it's Marvel... There might even be a riff on the above...and more...in a piece of dialogue in the movie itself!  

AWESOME to see my man TIM BLAKE NELSON ***BACK*** as THE LEADER, baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I've been hoping for that FOR-EVAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Only wish he was facing off against Norton's HULK!  

PROPS to FEIGE for FINALLY re-incorporating more elements of THE INCREDIBLE HULK!  Now where's LIV TYLER???????????

Edited by Macleod

On 10/17/2022 at 10:25 AM, Eric Killmonger said:

Ahhh there's so much to like about this movie! I'm hoping for a more dramatic, serious tone. Less Thor: Love and Thunder (borderline offensive in how bad and juvenile and pointless it was) and more Captain America: The Winter Soldier please!

By the way, can we get this thread moved to the main forum now that we're 18 months from release?

I did not care about leader returning after all the years of no Incredible Hulk sequel but after seeing Tim Blake Nelson do a terrific performance on the Watchmen series, I am actually kinda excited to see what they do with him.  Harrison Ford is a bore though and a waste of a film budget. Could've hired anyone else to play Ross and got a better performance out of them.

1 hour ago, eddyxx said:

I did not care about leader returning after all the years of no Incredible Hulk sequel but after seeing Tim Blake Nelson do a terrific performance on the Watchmen series, I am actually kinda excited to see what they do with him.  Harrison Ford is a bore though and a waste of a film budget. Could've hired anyone else to play Ross and got a better performance out of them.

I tend to agree about Ford. It's the kind of casting announcement that's really cool and exciting on the surface of it because the actor has such an aura around him but then when you think about him actually in the role....yeah. It's kind of hard to take seriously. 

I trust Marvel though. We all know one of their strengths is casting. Either that or maybe Disney knows the MCU has peaked and now they have to keep it fresh and exciting with exciting cast announcements that give people the dopamine hits.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

Not head canon. Where does Hulk end up at the end of the 2003 film? Oh exactly where he starts at the beginning of the 2008 film?? Weird! In She-Hulk, he mentions that he was in the jungle for 5 years. HMM!

Be that as it may, if it was MCU canon Marvel Studios would have indicated as such, but they haven't. It's not considered an MCU film (though with the multiverse being a thing now I guess EVERYTHING is technically canon).

• Like 4

I think when TIH went into production they wanted it to be sort of a reboot but also sort of a sequel(like what they’re doing with Daredevil now) but quickly realized they wanted to have him in a shared universe with Tony Stark so they added that scene at the end with RDJ. At least that’s how it appeared to me at the time(I didn’t even know there was a connection til I saw Tony in tv spots for Incredible Hulk. I didn’t see Iron Man in theaters)

that being said they clearly don’t include it in their canon when they easily could’ve. They leave it up to fans to decide like the Netflix defenders fans or the agents of shield fans and until something on screen disregards it then you can live with your own head canon. Even before no way home came out, I was of the opinion that all the marvel movies existed in a multiverse so I’m quite pleased to see it confirmed on screen lol.

Edited by eddyxx

I would’ve preferred they brought back Sam Elliot, but Marvel’s official stance is that the MCU began in 2008. TIH was initially conceived as a loose sequel to the Ang Lee film, but they ultimately decided to treat it as a reboot, which is why they had that opening montage showing how Bruce became the Hulk. 

23 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I would’ve preferred they brought back Sam Elliot, but Marvel’s official stance is that the MCU began in 2008. TIH was initially conceived as a loose sequel to the Ang Lee film, but they ultimately decided to treat it as a reboot, which is why they had that opening montage showing how Bruce became the Hulk. 

Hmm, I never even knew TIH was intended as a loose sequel in the first place. I always thought it was a straight up reboot.

It'll be interesting to see what General Ross's role is in NWO. They may not even be going the Red Hulk route, in which case I can buy Harrison Ford more in the role. What I don't really buy is Ford doing a bunch of motion capture raging lol.

Anyway, I mentioned in another thread the hope that maybe this could move UP in the schedule to make room for Spider-Man 4 in a crowded 2024 for the MCU but I can't see it. Filming starts at the beginning of 2023 and likely wraps in the spring. That puts it about a year out from release, which seems standard for MCU films, so there's no way it makes November 2023.

19 hours ago, poweranimals said:

Doesn't TIH contradict the 2003 Hulk though? It's been a while since I've seen it but wasn't it his father that exposed himself to gamma radiation and it was passed down to Bruce?

In the 2003 film, Bruce's father injected himself with something, that he passed down to Bruce. And when Bruce was exposed to the gamma radiation in the lab, it activated the blood cells in his body.