Eric Prime

93rd Academy Awards Discussion Thread | Nomadland, Hopkins, McDormand, Zhao, Youn, Kaluuya win

10 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Wait, are they not gonna do an In Memoriam segment this year? Really? What the fuck if so.

Glad to see it wasn't cut in favor of that useless trivia bit (even if it gave us the inevitable gif of Glenn Close doing Da Butt).

I won’t lie. The In Memoriam got me. That’s for two seconds I forgot that Chadwick was not with us anymore. And then I realized about halfway through that he was going to be in this, and that he was probably gonna be last. 😭😭

I still cannot believe he’s gone

• Sad 1

Well, presenting Picture with the two lead acting Oscars still left to go is certainly one way to mix things up and get conversation going, I’ll say that.

It’ll be all the wilder if the two remaining Oscars go to Boseman and Davis, whose film wasn’t nominated for Picture.

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

It's gonna be super awkward if anyone but Boseman wins Actor now because they're clearly saving that for last knowing it's gonna be the moment everyone talks about tomorrow. Even more so than what won Picture.

Yup. This is kind of ridiculous

6 minutes ago, Cap said:

I won’t lie. The In Memoriam got me. That’s for two seconds I forgot that Chadwick was not with us anymore. And then I realized about halfway through that he was going to be in this, and that he was probably gonna be last. 😭😭

I still cannot believe he’s gone

I know, I got just teary-eyed when they showed him last. Great actor, and even greater human-being, his loss is huge.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1