Eric Furiosa

2022 Box Office Predictions and Discussion

5 minutes ago, Kalo said:

Um... are you crazy? the first one made over $300m dollars. and despite what a lot of hardcore film fantastic will say, was a pretty well liked movie by the GA. I mean that thing had legs. it will probably get pushed to Spring 2023 though cause its too close to Avatar 2 and too similar of story. no way it goes below $250m.

I am predicting it under the condition it releases on the same date as Avatar 2 which will demolish it in the BO.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Lost City and Morbius should move up a week. April looks packed, give it some breathing room ffs.

I'm pretty sure Morbius is staying where it is so that Batman can hold onto IMAX screens for as long as it can. Lost City will likely stay where it is too since Batman will be in its fourth weekend which means they can try and grab some PLFs at that point.

3 hours ago, filmlover said:

I'm pretty sure Morbius is staying where it is so that Batman can hold onto IMAX screens for as long as it can. Lost City will likely stay where it is too since Batman will be in its fourth weekend which means they can try and grab some PLFs at that point.

Why would Sony care about Batman having an extra week of IMAX screens?

• Haha 1

I’ve lost faith in any animation this year doing over $200m domestic. Theatrical animation is dead, Bob Chapek killed it.

Spoiler

Note: I’m joking but I do think the landmark will be harder in the future mainly due to the pandemic drastically shifting viewing habits of the GA.

Edited by YourMother

5 minutes ago, YourMother said:

I’ve lost faith in any animation this year doing over $200m domestic. Theatrical animation is dead, Bob Chapek killed it.

Hide contents

Note: I’m joking but I do think the landmark will be harder in the future mainly due to the pandemic drastically shifting viewing habits of the GA.

Sony will not allow this movie to flop. Over 250M is guaranteed

Edited by Maggie
  • Like 1