MrPink

Oppenheimer | 2024 Academy Award Winner for Best Picture and Best Director

1 hour ago, Issac Newton said:

"Predicts that it has a shot"...lol. It's basically saying that, a if it got two supporting actors and two supporting actress nods, it could do it. But obviously that's not gonna happen. And the more these types of titles get pushed out there, the more it will become the overwhelming studio juggernaut that can't be allowed to win. Realistically, I see 11-12 nods, with maybe 3 wins.

I think flower moon looks like stumbling when it comes to box office run. That will keep Oppy as the favorite in the big categories. The above article is bullshit for sure. But its getting tons of noms and winning a lot as well. Combo of high acclaim and huge BO plus a marketable team. Match made in heaven for Academy. 

38 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

I think flower moon looks like stumbling when it comes to box office run. That will keep Oppy as the favorite in the big categories. The above article is bullshit for sure. But its getting tons of noms and winning a lot as well. Combo of high acclaim and huge BO plus a marketable team. Match made in heaven for Academy. 

Marty can definitely win in the big categories given that he’s 80 and this very well might end up being his final movie.

He only has 1 Oscar despite having being nominated many times through the years.

41 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Sigh. Flower Moon stumbling at the end like this. I guess the length, subject matter and leo and bob not able to be out there promoting is hurting it. Although Shawn seems more bullish  on the movie still.  Will see. 

23 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Early guess is Nolan takes Director and Killers takes Best Picture

That's the best way to do it.

Nolan is the one with the fanbase and passion behind him, not so much Oppenheimer itself.

People will be satisfied with best director. Martin can have best pic for 50 years of film making.

Edited by Valencia

I'd be shocked if one of the two massive, heavy - and heavily-favoured - epic period pieces actually wins BP. I think BD is between Nolan and Scorsese, but Picture goes to something smaller. I would love to be wrong, with the indicated split happening, but I have serious doubts about that outcome.