MrPink

Oppenheimer | 2024 Academy Award Winner for Best Picture and Best Director

8 hours ago, reddevil19 said:

I, too, can make numbers up and say it would have made 50% more with empty screen space instead of Barbie.

We can obviously say it was a special circumstance, but we can't even begin to assess the actual impact on either film.

People like to conveniently forget Nolan is one of the highest grossing directors out there pre-Oppenheimer.

Edited by eeetooki
edit
  • Like 2

On 11/9/2023 at 3:30 PM, reddevil19 said:

I, too, can make numbers up and say it would have made 50% more with empty screen space instead of Barbie.

We can obviously say it was a special circumstance, but we can't even begin to assess the actual impact on either film.

Judgement. use judgement. 

• Knock It Off 1

Nolan said he is probably making something less nihilistic . May be another thriller or drama. I hope he has a strong central female lead in the next one. While Blunt was great, her role was relatively small. Even a female driven movie would be something new from Nolan though I am not holding my breadth on the same. 

He also handled criticism from Spike lee in a perfect way. 

2 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

Nolan said he is probably making something less nihilistic . May be another thriller or drama. I hope he has a strong central female lead in the next one. While Blunt was great, her role was relatively small. Even a female driven movie would be something new from Nolan though I am not holding my breadth on the same. 

He also handled criticism from Spike lee in a perfect way. 

Anyone remember when it was rumored that Nolan’s 2020 film would be a romantic thriller before we knew anything about it? 

I want Nolan to make a HUGE scaled flashback D-DAY film centered around Eisenhower as he realizes the role he played in the military industrial complex. 

Tom Hanks of Eisenhower. Memorial Day 2026. 

$$$$$$$

Edited by excel1

1 hour ago, excel1 said:

I want Nolan to make a HUGE scaled flashback D-DAY film centered around Eisenhower as he realizes the role he played in the military industrial complex. 

Tom Hanks of Eisenhower. Memorial Day 2026. 

$$$$$$$

I dont think he is making another period movie. Its going to be something else. I am sure something will come out in next 6 months. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

I dont think he is making another period movie. Its going to be something else. I am sure something will come out in next 6 months. 

Probably more like a year. Based on the production timeline of his previous films, we should get the an official announcement of his next film late next year

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

I am a surprised by amount of push Nolan and Cast are doing it at this point. I dont think its required for HV/Digital sales and so this is probably pushing for awards at this point. 

Of course, you don't direct/star in a movie like Oppenheimer without awards crossing your mind here and there. Nolan was doing interviews/Q&As the whole time since the strike and now the actors can join in. I saw some Oppenheimer stans elsewhere being all, "Cillian is too pure to campaign!" and I was thinking, sure Jan. Many kinds of movies have campaigns, not just the so-called dreaded "Oscar bait". They want to go to these awards shows and win, not just spend weeks clapping politely for someone else.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

Of course, you don't direct/star in a movie like Oppenheimer without awards crossing your mind here and there. Nolan was doing interviews/Q&As the whole time since the strike and now the actors can join in. I saw some Oppenheimer stans elsewhere being all, "Cillian is too pure to campaign!" and I was thinking, sure Jan. Many kinds of movies have campaigns, not just the so-called dreaded "Oscar bait". They want to go to these awards shows and win, not just spend weeks clapping politely for someone else.

I also see a lot people saying Cillian doesn't have an edge because he won't campaign. I don't even see how that's the narrative. I mean he went on the press tour with all his costars and even did some interviews on his own. Like in the video, he will be campaigning with his costars most of the time, he's a team player so he will be fine.

• Like 2

‘Oppenheimer’s IMAX Box Office Numbers Blew Christopher Nolan’s Mind

"One of the things that we got a very visible response to was the theatrical presentation, the IMAX presentation in particular, using film and using film prints that went out there into the world. Those screens, in particular, I mean, we broke the all-time record of the Chinese with the print we had there. I think, as of last weekend, we became the third highest-grossing IMAX film in America after Star Wars and Avatar. I mean, for a film about J. Robert Oppenheimer, it was extraordinary."

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, excel1 said:

The black list for supporting Palestine is already lifting. Everyone knows Israel's response has been reckless. 

Not sure if I can think of a single nation in human history with the power to do so that would have had a less reckless response.

1 hour ago, Barnack said:

Not sure if I can think of a single nation in human history with the power to do so that would have had a less reckless response.

how quickly you have forgotten Americas completely error free response to 9/11

Spoiler

:whosad:

• Like 1