MrPink

Oppenheimer | 2024 Academy Award Winner for Best Picture and Best Director

Just now, keysersoze123 said:

Did they even screen the movie to outsiders. Unless he is part of the team or Universal high ups I dont see how he would have seen it. Nolan is as secretive as they come. 

He's a screenwriter. Wrote Destroyer, Clash of the titans etc

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

30 hours 20 minutes with previews included. I might have to make special "arrangements" to see this movie.

Which is why I so strongly support bringing back intermissions for really long movies.

• Like 1

On 6/3/2023 at 12:32 AM, Issac Newton said:

They don't have a Twitter acc either nor a site. Barbie atleast has a acc (@BarbieMovie_jp) locked for August 11. We have Transformer at August 4 // Can't say but guess it won't make out in Japan 

Oppenheimer has zero promotion activity in Japan. Neither a trailer nor a poster available to confirm that they will make out in Japan.

I was wondering about that............

On 6/3/2023 at 9:55 AM, keysersoze123 said:

Did they even screen the movie to outsiders. Unless he is part of the team or Universal high ups I dont see how he would have seen it. Nolan is as secretive as they come. 

Though it is not for plot spoilers this time around; since the central events of the film are pretty well known......

19 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Just heard that they will sell tickets for Oppenheimer in the Airbus IMAX in Chantily VA soon.

Will it be IMAX 70mm presentation? I dunno

I persume the event at the Air and Space Museum in DC is invitation only.

I really hope this movie does well, but it seems like it has a hill to climb. It's a 3 hour long character drama, a big departure from Nolan's recent outings which have all been action movies since The Prestige (which made $53m domestically despite being well received). Obviously Nolan is a much bigger name since then but I struggle to see how this movie breaks 100m unless the bomb scenes are marketed and received as something that must be seen in theaters.

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

A nearly 3.5hr adult R rated big budget historical character drama… what could possibly go wrong! This is sounding more and more like a box office bomb of atomic proportions. 

Nolan is a draw and adults do go to the movies. Might bomb but not guaranteed in the slighthest

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

A nearly 3.5hr adult R rated big budget historical character drama… what could possibly go wrong! This is sounding more and more like a box office bomb of atomic proportions. 

The movie is kissing 3 hours, not sure where you got that number from.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Nolan isn’t a mainstream draw since Interstellar. The proof is in the pudding 

ha ha this is a joke right? Dunkirk made 500m worldwide  despite no real box office draw star and the event it is based on not being something people were that familiar with and Tenet made 363m worldwide right when the pandemic started and loads of theaters were closed and with no box office draws starring. Why make an easily disproven lie?

Edited by John Marston
  • Like 3