THE BATMAN OS THREAD - 745M WW so far

Looks like $115-120M weekend.

~$55M in Europe - 89% of CM - Good
~$10M in Middle East - 100% of CM - Good
~$27M in LATAM - 70% of CM - Decent
~$16M in Asia - 25% of CM - Ehh
~$9M in Oceania - 75% of CM - Good

Overall 63% of Captain Marvel.

Good news is that its doing best in those markets which have longer legs and this having good WoM can actually leg for better total in Europe. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Yesterday I went to see the film and I really enjoyed it, but I have to say I had the feeling that the film was too slow. I've seen some films of 3 hours or more but none had given me this clear feeling

And as we know, a long length decreases the number of shows available and may "scare" a part of the possible audience, but in this case combined with the grim tone it can also damages possible rewatches. I still hope the legs will be good, and that it manages in the end to gross more than 850M...

On 3/5/2022 at 9:12 PM, Issac Newton said:

Vietnam : 19.5B₫ ($855K)

Sat : 7.4B₫ ($325K) /68.5K admits

Sun 7.7B₫ ($340K) /71K admits

WK : 21.35B₫ ($935K) /198K admits

Total : 27.9B₫ ($1.2M)

Edited by Issac Newton

120m estimated internationally per deadline

https://deadline.com/2022/03/the-batman-opening-international-box-office-robert-pattinson-dc-1234969771/

SUNDAY UPDATE, Refresh for latest…: Warner Bros/DC’s The Batman winged into 74 offshore markets this weekend, landing $120M at the international box office through Sunday. Combined with the $128.5M domestic start, the global launch is $248.5M.

The Matt Reeves-directed Batman was No. 1 in 73 of its openings, and came in at the high end of the range where we saw it ahead of the debut. The international start is the industry’s best for 2022 and the biggest for Warner Bros since Joker in 2019. It is also WB’s top opening of the pandemic era internationally (excluding China) and the biggest international bow for Reeves

Edited by TigerPaw
  • Like 1

I find strange those $3.7m from Spain if it really did $1.2m OD according this:

https://collider.com/the-batman-global-box-office-opening-friday/

Saturdays and Sundays in Spain are always stronger than Fridays, even with highly anticipated films (even Endgame had its biggest days on Sat and Sun along the OW). $1.2m would mean at very least a similar amount from the 3 days. Probably I am wrong again, but it is a really strange data. Either the OD is lower than those $1.2m, or the OW is higher than those $3.7m since there have not been any special event across the country on Sat or Sun.

5 minutes ago, PenguinXXR said:

$120M OS opening = under $375M final in those markets. China will add $70-120M. So it's very likely OS total comes in under $500M.  

Agreed. The target would be about $800m WW.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, PenguinXXR said:

$120M OS opening = under $375M final in those markets. China will add $70-120M. So it's very likely OS total comes in under $500M.  

Yeah unfortunately that's very likely, and for China I'm thinking more like $50-100M 😕

1 minute ago, MG10 said:

Yeah unfortunately that's very likely, and for China I'm thinking more like $50-100M 😕

Let's hope for great legs. Anyway, 800ish for a reboot is in the same league than Homecoming without the biggest franchise ever behind. Solid result. And the best of all: the film is amazing.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I see there's no competition for a month but I fear the GA won't dig a 3 hours comic book film so "slow", gritty, dark, introspective and melancholy. It will also lose let's say $25/30M because of the war. I bet on a $750M final.

Having said that I found it the most beautiful comic book film ever.

• Like 1