Eric Prime

⊃∪∩⪽ Part II | March 1, 2024 | Reactions drop February 15, reviews February 21 | Zendaya for our next C-3P0

@excel1 

Biggest young star right now is Tom Holland, followed by Chalamet.

Tom Holland is not bigger than Chalamet. He only has Spidey and that Uncharted movie. CHalamet has many more movies he headlined plus Oscar nomination.

Anyway, I was talking in terms of potential. Austin Butler has insane potential and so does Chalamet. They are the biggest young actors in terms of studious fighting for them. Imo Tom Holland will go nowhere once Spidey is over. That's just my opinion. 

Edited by Maggie

3 minutes ago, Maggie said:

@excel1 

Tom Holland is not bigger than Chalamet. He only has Spidey and that Uncharted movie. CHalamet has many more movies he headlined plus Oscar nomination.

Abyway, I was talking in terms of potential. Austin Butler has insane potential and so does Chalamet. They are the biggest young actors in terms of studious fighting for them. Imo Tom Holland will go nowhere once Spidey is over. That's just my opinion. 

After all the Marvel films, Holland's recognition is just 100x more than Chalamet. It just is. He is in the drivers seat for stardom. 

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

Just now, excel1 said:

After all the Marvel films, Holland's recognition is just 100x more than Chalamet. It just is. He is in the drivers seat for stardom. 

All i'm saying is that studious are not fighting for him outside Marvel. That's not good for longevity. Chalamet has done diverse work and has been directed and will be directed by some great directors. He's the #1 IT boy right now and Austin Butler is coming in hot too. These two have the most potential imo

2 minutes ago, Maggie said:

All i'm saying is that studious are not fighting for him outside Marvel. That's not good for longevity. Chalamet has done diverse work and has been directed and will be directed by some great directors. He's the #1 IT boy right now and Austin Butler is coming in hot too. These two have the most potential imo

Studio aren't fighting for Holland because he is already a superhero and basically belongs to Disney. Chalamet has 2 WB franchises types (Dune and Wonka) but has done more artsy stuff.  

If Chalamet is indeed hooking up with Kylie Jenner, his fame is really about explode though. Austin Butler has a long long way to go. 

Edited by excel1

Chalamet’s potential star power is way beyond Holland and the quality of its filmography speaks for itself compared to Holland.

Chalamet is potentially “a new Di Caprio”, Holland is just another Spider-Man.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Mr Roark said:

Chalamet’s potential star power is way beyond Holland and the quality of its filmography speaks for itself compared to Holland.

Chalamet is potentially “a new Di Caprio”, Holland is just another Spider-Man.

Exactly. I misspoke when i compared him to Cruise. CHalamet is more of a DiCaprio. Anyway, he has the potential to be THE A LIST actor of his generation.

Austin Butler is his competition now that Ansel Elgort has disappeared from the scene

Edited by Maggie
  • Like 1

timothee jenner is kind of an auteur magnet which means he won't always be in hits but it's good for his long term career. i dunno where holland goes post spider-man. a lot of his other choices aren't great.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, CoolioD1 said:

timothee jenner is kind of an auteur magnet which means he won't always be in hits but it's good for his long term career. i dunno where holland goes post spider-man. a lot of his other choices aren't great.

He's just picking the wrong types of films, dude should be in rom coms and musicals, not gritty dramas. He's been severely miscast in every non Spidey thing I've seen.

• Like 1

Dune is #17 on YouTube Movies right now. It's had quite a successful Disc sales/ streaming run I think. 

#4 disc of 2022 (only behind To Gun, No Way Home and Jurassic World) ahead of many bigger box office performers. 

My expectations are more modest than most here, I'd be happy with 550-600m. Not being a simulatneous release would be a big boost, but I don't think the first movie was super accessible, as far as blockbusters go. Some people who watched the first movie and thought it was slow would probably not watch the sequel.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Last Man Standing said:

My expectations are more modest than most here, I'd be happy with 550-600m. Not being a simulatneous release would be a big boost, but I don't think the first movie was super accessible, as far as blockbusters go. Some people who watched the first movie and thought it was slow would probably not watch the sequel.

Word of mouth seemed fairly solid for the first one, and this is supposed to be more action packed and epic. 

22 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Word of mouth seemed fairly solid for the first one, and this is supposed to be more action packed and epic. 

It was good overall, but there were definitely people who thought it was slow. It's not exactly an action-comedy with a quip every 1.5 minutes, some people are just not used to watching those sorts of movies.

On 5/3/2023 at 12:08 PM, Maggie said:

Timothee Chalamet =the new Tom Cruise

Austin Butler = the new Brad Pitt

And people say we don't have stars anymore. Nothing further from the truth. This is gonna kill everything in its path

Timothee is the new Tom cruise? I don’t think so at all. If he compares to anyone it would be Leo DiCaprio. 

Currently Holland is a bigger name then Chalamet to general audiences due to the spiderman franchise. That might not always be the case but it is right now.

4 minutes ago, babz06 said:

Timothee is the new Tom cruise? I don’t think so at all. If he compares to anyone it would be Leo DiCaprio. 

Currently Holland is a bigger name then Chalamet to general audiences due to the spiderman franchise. That might not always be the case but it is right now.

Taylor Swift is more recognizable than either Holland or Chalamet. The last two films she starred in opened to single digits. More people being able to recognize you dont make you a bigger star.

And honestly I'm pretty sure most people who recognize Holland won't even know his name. They'll look at him and go that's Spiderman and not thats Tom Holland

6 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Taylor Swift is more recognizable than either Holland or Chalamet. The last two films she starred in opened to single digits. More people being able to recognize you dont make you a bigger star.

And honestly I'm pretty sure most people who recognize Holland won't even know his name. They'll look at him and go that's Spiderman and not thats Tom Holland

Taylor Swift is known as a singer not actress and she wasnt the lead of those films. So I’m not sure why you mentioned her. To be honest none of these guys that we are discussing can sell a film in the traditional way it was done before but if we are talking about sole name recognition and popularity it’s Holland > Chalamet > Butler 

Edited by babz06

On 5/5/2023 at 3:48 PM, kayumanggi said:

Chalamet, Butler, Zendaya, and Pugh will be very important to Hollywood in the years to come.

Glad you mentioned this. I think Zendaya particularly is going to be a huge star in Hollywood. She’s had some great and successful roles as co-lead but I think Challengers and Dune might be the films to make her A List in Hollywood. Especially since she’s huge on social media and in the fashion world.

• Like 1