Eric Prime

⊃∪∩⪽ Part II | March 1, 2024 | Reactions drop February 15, reviews February 21 | Zendaya for our next C-3P0

6 minutes ago, Hatebox said:

Wait, so this is definitely going to be a trilogy then? Makes sense, the first was a pristine mood piece but felt like one long introduction, possibly to a fault. 

Dune Messiah only happens if this does well, but this film will close its story regardless unlike 1.

Updated Quorum numbers are out. Awareness increased 2 points to 34. Interest down two points to 38. I’m sure the recent survey was done before the second trailer, but these numbers aren’t looking great so far.

Interest in particular is well below other November releases (Marvels and Hunger Games). 

• ...wtf 1

26 minutes ago, Squire said:

Updated Quorum numbers are out. Awareness increased 2 points to 34. Interest down two points to 38. I’m sure the recent survey was done before the second trailer, but these numbers aren’t looking great so far.

Interest in particular is well below other November releases (Marvels and Hunger Games). 

I wonder why interest is so low. The last one made 400 million with day and date in the US. It wasn’t for me but I thought it would’ve caught on.

(The obvious answer is that Zendaya fans were burned last time and refuse to watch this out of spite 😝)

Quorum metrics are pretty iffy honestly, I don't place too much emphasis on them. Like...good on a curiosity level but like, Barbie is losing in interest to not just MI (by a large amount) but also oppenheimer and as we can see in the tracking thread it's totally smashing both. Hell, it's losing to even haunted mansion.

Edited by JustLurking
  • Like 3

That’s true, but I remember it also showed that The Flash had below average interest leading up to its release, which turned out to be very true. Indy was also below average as well. I think the online viral factor of Barbenheimer sort of makes them outliers.

5 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

Quorum metrics are pretty iffy honestly, I don't place too much emphasis on them. Like...good on a curiosity level but like, Barbie is losing in interest to not just MI (by a large amount) but also oppenheimer and as we can see in the tracking thread it's totally smashing both. Hell, it's losing to even haunted mansion.

I don’t pay attention to Quorum at all to be honest and I don’t know why it’s being promoted so often here. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Speedorito said:

That’s true, but I remember it also showed that The Flash had below average interest leading up to its release, which turned out to be very true. Indy was also below average as well. I think the online viral factor of Barbenheimer sort of makes them outliers.

I'm not saying it's something to ignore, just that I don't personally hold it as anything more than something to keep on the back of my head. It's not an end-all-be-all metric so to speak.

25 minutes ago, Speedorito said:

I wonder why interest is so low. The last one made 400 million with day and date in the US. It wasn’t for me but I thought it would’ve caught on.

(The obvious answer is that Zendaya fans were burned last time and refuse to watch this out of spite 😝)

Eh I know you jest but Zendaya fans were probably the smallest factor in DUNC viewership. They didn't show up for Malcolm&Marie and that was on Netflix and easy to stream. 

As for Barbenheimer I don't recall Oppenheimer but Barbie struggled on Quorum for quite some time but then tables turned and awareness and interest went up and kept going. So we'll see what happens with DUNC II but I'm not worried.

Edited by Valonqar

Even Warner is not ignoring surveys, this Is why they tried soon a new long trailer hoping It can help to gain more interest. 

Anyways i think chalamet and Zendaya gave the first time online attention, now most of that audience didn't like the first movie so this new It's making less noise on the internet. But the movie has been popular in the last 2 years so Its audience grew up a lot and the movie will grew up, just a more mature audience and less kids and film updates followers. 

10 hours ago, Hatebox said:

Wait, so this is definitely going to be a trilogy then? Makes sense, the first was a pristine mood piece but felt like one long introduction, possibly to a fault. 

The first film was the first half of a novel; of course it is going to fell incomplete.

Trilogy, hell, they are so many Dune novels you could go a decade just filming the ones that Herbert wrote before getting in the much inferior stuff his son wrote.

What is Interesting is that Dune Messiah was written as the last part of Dune, but the publichers cut it because of length, and wanted a "happy ending" for the novel.

So Children Of Dune was the first real sequel.

23 hours ago, ZackM said:

DUNC II will be the greatest movie ever made.

DUNC Messiah will be the most divisive movie ever made.

And that is why the Publishers sliced it out of the novel.

Spoiler

They wanted it to have a happy ending, which Messiah does not have. Herbert was mad since he had a tragic ending in mind from the first, but he was a fairly unknown writer in 1965, and it was accept the publishers conditions or not see it publishes,and he had a hard time getting it accepeted, so he went along. Length was also a consideration. Later, after Dune became a huge sucess, Herbert was able to get the last part of the novel puvlished as "Dune" Messiah", "Children of Dune" was the first actual sequel Herbert wrote.

Edited by dudalb

On 5/6/2023 at 8:21 PM, joselowe said:

Screen-Shot-2023-04-28-at-9.58.51-AM.png

HP.jpg

The have both proven that they can sell anything with their name attached to it. Even if Black Adam underperfomed it was still a smash hit at the box office.

I think Zendaya and Timothee this year after Dune, Challengers and Wonka will prove their place as box office stars especially if they keep choosing the right roles after this year.

For the Rock, that is simply not true.

Best thing about the trailer is that VIllaneuva is keeping pretty close to the novel.

looks as if after two strikes, we fans of the nevel finally  have a Home Run with this attempt.

I see thw will keep Herbert;s jabs at orgainized religion in.

16 minutes ago, dudalb said:

And that is why the Publishers sliced it out of the novel.

Reveal hidden contents

And because of this there's a big chance to see this prior to the release in media:

Spoiler

They tried to blame Dune as a "white savior" trobe before Dune Part 1 release. This fall that BS could go on steroids.

Could someone tell what these quorum numbers are and how are they measured?

If they are general interest and awareness numbers on the general population, they are pretty pointless. The more the niche movie the more targeted info you need, I.e. how many of your potential viewership (and that needs to be sliced into smaller groups too) is aware and how interested in seeing it. In short, if it's general public, the correlation to box office must be weak or non-existent. Only the largest movies like Avatar or movies that make $1-2B+ in BO might have a bit stronger correlation.

Any research or statistics on this and not just anecdotal pointers?

12 minutes ago, von Kenni said:

And because of this there's a big chance to see this prior to the release in media:

Hide contents

They tried to blame Dune as a "white savior" trobe before Dune Part 1 release. This fall that BS could go on steroids.

What makes this doubly ironic is

Spoiler

That Herbert based ( with liberties taken, of course) what happens in the second half of the original pubished Novel and "Dune Messiah" upon the rise of Islam.  The similarites are intended.

I alos wonder if we will get more the backstory in Part 2 then Part I. The AI controversy has made the whole Butlerian Revolution  idea seem pretty relevelent.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1