Eric the IF

⊃∪∩⪽ Part II | March 1, 2024 | Reactions drop February 15, reviews February 21 | Zendaya for our next C-3P0

2 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

There's some debate as to whether the reports of a delay are a bluff or not. For this I could see it given how much later it is, but for Aquaman I think it may get one so it can do more reshoots.

Yeah Aquaman seems most likely to be pushed to 2024.

Edited by YM!

5 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

There's some debate as to whether the reports of a delay are a bluff or not. For this I could see it given how much later it is, but for Aquaman I think it may get one so it can do more reshoots.

A bluff for what?

Why put a see it an IMAX movie like Dune in crowded summer movie season where it will get only one week of IMAX and then have it’s legs chopped off? Truly baffling suggestion. Dune should move to a date where it can secure at least 2-3 weeks.

1 hour ago, Bob Train said:

Why put a see it an IMAX movie like Dune in crowded summer movie season where it will get only one week of IMAX and then have it’s legs chopped off? Truly baffling suggestion. Dune should move to a date where it can secure at least 2-3 weeks.

I don;t know Paramount seemed to think that would turn out okay. 

I don’t want to see Dune Part Two delayed, but I’m starting to get pessimistic about the movie’s chances if it stays with the 11/3 date. I don’t even like 10/20 because (1) the next weekend is the weekend before Halloween, which is a bad BO weekend and (2) The Marvels is guaranteed to move to 11/3. 

After what has happened to MI:7, a well-reviewed movie part of a successful franchise, I just think Dune Part 2 is in trouble if it doesn’t have a good 2-3 weeks of PLF breathing room. 

I think what helps WB is that they have enough movies to push back a bit to slot Dune. They're more likely to opt for March because April has the LOTR anime film plus Challengers OS and the latter needs Zendaya to promote it so they would to be scheduled in a way that she can do both. 

16 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I think what helps WB is that they have enough movies to push back a bit to slot Dune. They're more likely to opt for March because April has the LOTR anime film plus Challengers OS and the latter needs Zendaya to promote it so they would to be scheduled in a way that she can do both. 

If it’s moving, I think it’s most likely March as well for those reasons. It’s annoying that this is happening twice to this franchise.  But it is what it is. 

Edited by babz06

1 hour ago, Jonwo said:

The LOTR what now?? Is that really a thing? And would an LOTR anime film(??) even be competition for Dune?

Anyways, I'm gonna be reasonably sad if this moves, I'm really looking forward to ending up not having enough time to watch it at the cinema as usual watching it this year.

Moving it to March may make business sense, but I think it’s an odd release date for a movie thats intended to garner awards. Whether fair or not, not many movies released in the first quarter of the year (or even second quarter) get much love come award season.

Edited by Squire

1 hour ago, SpiderByte said:

Deadline also says they have till September to make a decision so they definitely still have plenty of time for the strike to end.

Depends on how stubborn the AMPTP continues to act.