Eric the IF

⊃∪∩⪽ Part II | March 1, 2024 | Reactions drop February 15, reviews February 21 | Zendaya for our next C-3P0

Just now, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

I doubt it's a bluff reading the article

But also, a push seems less than ideal since it's not a film that really needs the actor campaign

It might not need it but it would certainly help. It has a lot more star power than pretty much all the other blockbusters coming out in Q4 that would help bring out more people.

1 minute ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

I doubt it's a bluff reading the article

But also, a push seems less than ideal since it's not a film that really needs the actor campaign

It's Covid all over again. Or they could make a deal with unions. Just a thought. 

• Like 1

I think it's the best move to make.  They'll want Zendaya to be involved in the marketing campaign leading up to the release. I think what we'll see happen is movies that are finished and awaiting the end of the year/winter release dates will move into the first quarter of 2024 and movies that were supposed to be done filming this Fall will move into the later part of Summer or maybe next holiday season.  

For example,  Dune part 2 moves into an April/May slot and Deadpool 3 ends up moving into a Christmas time slot. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Johnny Tran said:

I think it's the best move to make.  They'll want Zendaya to be involved in the marketing campaign leading up to the release. I think what we'll see happen is movies that are finished and awaiting the end of the year/winter release dates will move into the first quarter of 2024 and movies that were supposed to be done filming this Fall will move into the later part of Summer or maybe next holiday season.  

For example,  Dune part 2 moves into an April/May slot and Deadpool 3 ends up moving into a Christmas time slot. 

I doubt all the movies scheduled for this year will move to 2024, they need some content for the Holiday period otherwise exhibitors will be very unhappy.

3 minutes ago, LegionWrex said:

The real loser here would be Aquaman which would put it in it's third round of delays.

I think they will actually put Aquaman on Dune 2 date 

Aquaman in November, Color Purple early December, Wonka stays and Dune goes to 2024 

Seems less crowed than as it is

• Haha 1
  • ...wtf 2

Just now, ThomasNicole said:

Aquaman in November, Color Purple early December, Wonka stays and Dune goes to 2024 

Aquaman would probably die a death a week before The Marvels unless the latter moves to December. 

Just now, ThomasNicole said:

Dune moving to 2024 would also open up the VFX and tech Oscar races, arguably just handing it to Oppenheimer ngl

13 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

The best move would be to cut a deal with the SAG and WGA so the strike can end. 

• Like 4

The trades are all basically in the pockets of the AMPTP but...they needed Flash to do well and it tanked hard. Even with Barbie theyre taking a big hit, and Blue Beetle may actually somehow lose more. I'm inclined to believe this.

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Like 1