Eric the IF

⊃∪∩⪽ Part II | March 1, 2024 | Reactions drop February 15, reviews February 21 | Zendaya for our next C-3P0

3 minutes ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

I actually agree with this. Best to have Timothee, Austin, Zendaya, all of them promoting the film.

tbh I doubt the strike will keep going until November. I think the biggest reason is so that legs aren't chopped off by the November bloodbath and so it can have more PLFs

I am starting to think Wonka is the reason why WB is contemplating delaying Dune because if the strikes are resolved say in October then it would mean Timothee would be double duty whereas by delaying Dune, they can focus their marketing on Wonka. 

1 minute ago, Bob Train said:

tbh I doubt the strike will keep going until November. I think the biggest reason is so that legs aren't chopped off by the November bloodbath and so it can have more PLFs

don't underestimate the stubbornness of old white rich men

Boooo if I have to wait longer but tbh this seems more like something Villeneuve wants than the studio (even if studios are starting to figure out the strike caused entirely by AMPTP's stubbornness is going to cause a backlog). After the first got rocked by circumstances due to the Max thing, this going without a press tour with all these popular big name young actors wouldn't be much better. IMO summer would be perfect given the sandy visuals.

If this moves I imagine one of Marvels or Hunger Games will immediately pounce on the 3rd. Probably Marvels to give it at least two weeks in IMAX/PLF screens + allowing Disney to space out that and Wish by three weeks instead of two.

Edited by filmlover

24 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Boooo if I have to wait longer but tbh this seems more like something Villeneuve wants than the studio (even if studios are starting to figure out the strike caused entirely by AMPTP's stubbornness is going to cause a backlog). After the first got rocked by circumstances due to the Max thing, this going without a press tour with all these popular big name young actors wouldn't be much better. IMO summer would be perfect given the sandy visuals.

If this moves I imagine one of Marvels or Hunger Games will immediately pounce on the 3rd. Probably Marvels to give it at least two weeks in IMAX/PLF screens + allowing Disney to space out that and Wish by three weeks instead of two.

The Marvels is keeping the release date as they've just released a trailer. 

I think WB will opt for either March or late May. Furiosa will probably end up in July or August depending on if Twisters is not able to complete post production since WB has a stake in that film.

7 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I think WB will opt for either March or late May. Furiosa will probably end up in July or August depending on if Twisters is not able to complete post production since WB has a stake in that film.

Heck, they could take May 3 and begin the summer movie season now while it's up for grabs. Deadpool 3 isn't making that date unless the strike ends tomorrow.

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Heck, they could take May 3 and begin the summer movie season now while it's up for grabs. Deadpool 3 isn't making that date unless the strike ends tomorrow.

I suspect Disney might try and save that date for one of their film like Snow White or Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes which is already shot and in post production as well as scheduled for later in May.

3 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I suspect Disney might try and save that date for one of their film like Snow White or Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes which is already shot and in post production as well as scheduled for later in May.

They really should move Kingdom to that date tbh. It's on the same date as Furiosa, I would like one of them to move frankly.

Just now, WittyUsername said:

Wait, WB would need to get permission from Legendary to move this, wouldn’t they? 

They would, but I imagine they would agree here that this would benefit at the box office from the stars being able to promote it.

June 21 is also wide open right now and it's unlikely Mission: Impossible 8 is making it to the following weekend. They should jump on it ASAP if this is really moving.

Just now, filmlover said:

They would, but I imagine they would agree here that this would benefit at the box office from the stars being able to promote it.

June 21 is also wide open right now and it's unlikely Mission: Impossible 8 is making it to the following weekend. They should jump on it ASAP if this is really moving.

Dune doesn't strike me as a June film, if it were me I'd put Furiosa there. I think if Twisters moves, WB will likely pounce on July 19th for Dune.

There's a chance that Captain America moves back to May as unlike Deadpool 3, it's already wrapped. 

Perhaps the only bright side would be that Dune wouldn't need to compete with Oppenheimer for Oscars then but then again, next year brings new competition and it's rather redundant already to speak about films Oscar prospect when there's just a trailer released...but still 😉

Oppenheimer looks like a perfect candidate for Oscars theme wise and the timing with Ukraine and Russia's nuclear spooking adds to it...if the film itself hits the right anti-war, anti-military complex, and poor left leaning Oppenheimer notes. The quality as a film seems to be there.

Imaginery story in an imaginery world,  and with imaginery characters against that might be a tough sell.

Edited by von Kenni