Eric the Fall Guy

⊃∪∩⪽ Part II | March 1, 2024 | Reactions drop February 15, reviews February 21 | Zendaya for our next C-3P0

9 hours ago, Squire said:

Dune Part Two to Run Over 3 Hours?

Rumored early cut of the movie is 3 hours 15 minutes. I don’t think the Final Cut will be THAT long, but I think around 3 hours is pretty likely. 

Agreed. Lots of stuff happens in this stretch plus lots of stuff from book's part 1 is moved to movie part 2. It was bound to be longer than previous movie. 

On 7/5/2023 at 8:43 PM, ando said:

YouTube Official Trailer views

Trailer 1- 60M (2 months)

Trailer 2- 56M (6.5 days)

2nd trailer still chugging along. +6.2M in the last 24 hrs. 

That’s interesting since trailer 2 for the US currently has 5M less views than Trailer 1. Maybe that indicates some stronger international interest? 

25 minutes ago, Squire said:

That’s interesting since trailer 2 for the US currently has 5M less views than Trailer 1. Maybe that indicates some stronger international interest? 

Anedoctal since I haven't checked anywhere else but 2nd trailer is already higher than 1st trailer on the italian wb channel

Anyway, I would be more surprised with a cut under 3 hours considering dune1 was 2.5h and this one seems to have way way more to tackle - as long as 3hr is justified content-wise I don't see the problem. That said I don't know why people even cite world of reel period

3 hours ago, Valonqar said:

It isn't but who the heck is Secrets of Dune? 

It is a fan account (also produces YT content) that tends to be a little more connected in terms of obtaining scoops. Not nearly as trustworthy as DuneInfo, though, which I think has some good sources within the production. 

Whether the rumor is true or not, I still think it’s likely the runtime will be close to 3 hours. Just a lot left to cover. 

1 hour ago, Squire said:

It is a fan account (also produces YT content) that tends to be a little more connected in terms of obtaining scoops. Not nearly as trustworthy as DuneInfo, though, which I think has some good sources within the production. 

Whether the rumor is true or not, I still think it’s likely the runtime will be close to 3 hours. Just a lot left to cover. 

Ah thank you! Agreed! :)

4 hours ago, Squire said:

Dune Pt 1 made almost 3x more OS which a great ratio for future growth. 

I don’t know about this one. Yeah it should increase but I’m not sure if it will be  by a huge amount. Older audiences still aren’t coming out as much as they used to (think the ones that read the Dune books as kids or even more extreme, read them when they came out) and even if The Marvels is shit it will still take away screens 

WB should swallow its pride and put the first movie on Netflix. That will

help increase its popularity. One of the reasons Spiderverse 2 blew up is because Spiderverse 1 was a main staple on Netflix  for about a year 

6 hours ago, John Marston said:

I don’t know about this one. Yeah it should increase but I’m not sure if it will be  by a huge amount. Older audiences still aren’t coming out as much as they used to (think the ones that read the Dune books as kids or even more extreme, read them when they came out) and even if The Marvels is shit it will still take away screens 

help increase its popularity. One of the reasons Spiderverse 2 blew up is because Spiderverse 1 was a main staple on Netflix  for about a year 

I agree. Some (though not a lot) are predicting a Spider-verse level increase, but that movie had a lot more going for it than Dune.

At the very least it certainly won’t decrease.

On 7/9/2023 at 3:04 PM, von Kenni said:

For the love of the craft

I definenly recognize those rock formations in Jordan  from "Lawrence Of Arabia". Not surprised, Villaneuve is a huge fan of that film.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dudalb said:

I definenly recognize those rock formations in Jordan  from "Lawrence Of Arabia". Not surprised, Villaneuve is a huge fan of that film.

Wow, great catch! I wondered if they looked awfully familiar.

On 7/14/2023 at 8:24 AM, John Marston said:

DUNC has been on Netflix Canada since last month. You sure it isn't on American Netflix?

2 minutes ago, ChipDerby said:

It's currently on Hulu and Max

It's weird about streamers that their library differs from country to country. We have DUNC on Netflix but LOTR on Prime even though American Prime lost LOTR to American Netflix or so I read somewhere.

After seeing his sci-fi spectacle Dune get hampered by a theatrical day-and-date release on HBO Max during the pandemic, will Denis Villeneuve want the support of his glitzy young cast Zendaya, Timothee Chalamet, Austin Butler, Florence Pugh by his side on a global press tour so that he can blast off Dune: Part Two and make it the blockbuster that it’s destined to be on Nov. 3? The first movie was embraced by moviegoers with an A- CinemaScore and was one of the highest grossing films during Covid 2021, despite also airing on HBO Max, with a $108.3M domestic, $402M WW result and six Oscar wins. At the end of the day, it’s up to Legendary, not Warner Bros., on whether Dune: Part Two shifts.