Eric Onion

⊃∪∩⪽ Part II | March 1, 2024 | Reactions drop February 15, reviews February 21 | Zendaya for our next C-3P0

Well, I guess it makes 2024 less shitty and weak than I have been anticipating - IF only Dune moves and everything else currently scheduled stays, it could actaully be a blessing in disguise. 2024 was looking mega weak blockbuster wise outside Gladiator 2, Furiosa, and MIDR2, and I think MI and Gladiator won't be able to finish shooting by their release dates. But as stated before, TCP, Napoleon, Hunger Games moving. None of them huge hits, but three movies that will do between 60-120 domestic and give good depth.

Edited by Cmasterclay

34 minutes ago, Willowra said:

Had the film held on to its date, it would have lost most of the premium screens to The Marvels and then The Hunger Games. Also, its current quorum awareness is less than 40; without the promotion of the cast, the film had no chance at the box office.

if the quorum was as accurate as you're trying to make it out to be this far out haunted mansion would've outgrossed barbie.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, John Marston said:

I’m was  actually think they might delay a full year to Oscar season 2024 so yay k guess 

Well at least WB doesn't have to spend a ton of cash campaigning for Oscars for Dune this year. They can now focus on Barbie and Color Purple.

14 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

if the quorum was as accurate as you're trying to make it out to be this far out haunted mansion would've outgrossed barbie.

Then why did they delay it if the movie had adequate awareness? Delaying this is a wise decision. Some people just wanted it to stay at its date, not because they were interested in the movie or wanted the movie to succeed at the box office, but because they wanted other movies that they hate to suffer at the box office

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Squire said:

Any chance this gets delayed further, even if the strikes end before year’s end?

Maybe if the strikes end too late and they aren’t able to schedule/bank enough promo for the film from the cast? But if they end before the new year it’ll have at least two and a half months.

25 minutes ago, Willowra said:

Then why did they delay it if the movie had adequate awareness? Delaying this is a wise decision. Some people just wanted it to stay at its date, not because they were interested in the movie or wanted the movie to succeed at the box office, but because they wanted other movies that they hate to suffer at the box office

What on earth are you even on about? I wanted it to stay on that date because I want to see the film, not because I hate the other films lmao, holy shit.

Delay could be either that they need reshoots or simply that they think they will make more by doing so. A few months from release Quorum's barbie prediction was like 40 million OW and you're telling me to act like they are the end-all-be-all of tracking, give me a break.

WB should've put this in the spot of the Joon-ho film, which should've moved to December (and GvK and LOTR switch dates). Kinda makes sense considering that they're all genre films but so weird that WB is releasing their biggest Oscar contenders of next year in the first half of the year (I'm talking Dune 2, Mickey 17, and Furiosa)

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, JustLurking said:

What on earth are you even on about? I wanted it to stay on that date because I want to see the film, not because I hate the other films lmao, holy shit.

I wasn't referring to you, lol. I said "some people", If you're not one of them, then there is no need to be outraged.

Edited by Willowra

32 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

WB should've put this in the spot of the Joon-ho film, which should've moved to December (and GvK and LOTR switch dates). Kinda makes sense considering that they're all genre films but so weird that WB is releasing their biggest Oscar contenders of next year in the first half of the year (I'm talking Dune 2, Mickey 17, and Furiosa)

Going all in on Joker I presume. 

Evidently having their chosen actors at their disposal for press seems to be far more important to Warner and Legendary than IMAX money. It mustn't have been an easy choice considering how PLF-heavy the first film was.

Anyway, with the only two major blockbusters left for the year hailing from damaged and fatigued brands, I wouldn't be surprised to see the trades go wild with "worst fall season in 25 years" headlines by the end of the year, which will no doubt cause Hollywood stocks to tank big time. Hopefully that'll motivate Hollywood to finally end these strikes.

11 hours ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

I wouldn’t stress March’s current schedule, partly cause I’m sure a few titles currently set will move, but also cause Dune 1 managed to survive the competition in October and November 2021 while having a hybrid release on Max. 

Mickey 17 will most definitely move. Probably to the fall.

• Like 1

All is not lost this year. We have Scorsese in October. Fincher and Scott in November. Mann in December. It's still an impressive year for adult cinema despite Oppenheimer being the clear front runner right now. March is a little strange of a window for a release date of a series of this esteem, but I suppose they have their reasons.

Edited by ThePhasmid