Eric Lasagna

⊃∪∩⪽ Part II | March 1, 2024 | Reactions drop February 15, reviews February 21 | Zendaya for our next C-3P0

My partner’s listening to the book on audible. It’s incredible: they’ve mashed together an old version of the audiobook with what sounds like a radio play, so sometimes all the characters’ dialogue will be spoken by one British narrator and in other chapters there’ll be many different American voices. 

It even has the film poster as the cover, so this is regarded as the go-to version on the platform, but it’s virtually unlistenable

Denis said that he saw Messiah as the conclusion of Paul's story which is correct. IMO, it was obvious from casting that they were going to adapt Messiah since 2 actors in question have much bigger role here than in DUNC Pt 1 and 2

Momoa, Pugh

Alia is in the movie cause one of trailers had a shot of Jessica with a baby in her arms. we just don't know if they are using a child actress or CGI creation that isn't ready for trailers. 

13 hours ago, Eric Wonka said:

If 100M opening happens, I'll eat my hat. Like even 60M+ would be good enough for me.

Dune 2 opening to 100M+ would be one of those instances where the phrase "Cinema is saved" would actually be appropiate.

Still, im with you, anything above 60M would make me very happy.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Merkel said:

And Dune Messiah is, for all intents and purposes, pretty much an epilogue for the first book. And it is much shorter, so perfect for a single movie adaptation

I'm not sure I'd call it perfect for a movie adaptation, y'know, considering what actually happens in the book. Still, I'd love to see it happen.

16 minutes ago, Last Man Standing said:

I'm not sure I'd call it perfect for a movie adaptation, y'know, considering what actually happens in the book. Still, I'd love to see it happen.

I meant perfect for a movie adaptation in relation to its length, not the material itself. It's still a hard book to crack for an adaptation

41 minutes ago, Merkel said:

I meant perfect for a movie adaptation in relation to its length, not the material itself. It's still a hard book to crack for an adaptation

Messiah will be a very tricky adaptation. Fans of Dune either love it or hate it. Not a lot of in-between. Personally, they are going to need to do a lot to to make it interesting to the GA after action packed Part 2. 

I don't get what's the point to have this kind of cast and then you don't even put the names on the trailer. Yeah it's important to read Timothee Chalamet, Zendaya, Javier Bardem etc on the screen.. Large part of the audience can not recognize them in a trailer especially with special effects, costumes etc... You have to put it during the trailer, not at the end all the names in a 0.5 second frame 

And why you don't write Denis Villeueve is the director of Sicario and Arrival. Maybe someone casually watched them one week ago without even knowing the name of the director. So it's important.

And why you don't write Chalamet is an Oscar nominated actor, Austin Butler is that guy from Elvis, Bardem won an Oscar. These gave prestige, this sells...why the Oscars even exists othewise?.

Edited by vale9001

3 hours ago, vale9001 said:

I don't get what's the point to have this kind of cast and then you don't even put the names on the trailer. Yeah it's important to read Timothee Chalamet, Zendaya, Javier Bardem etc on the screen.. Large part of the audience can not recognize them in a trailer especially with special effects, costumes etc... You have to put it during the trailer, not at the end all the names in a 0.5 second frame 

And why you don't write Denis Villeueve is the director of Sicario and Arrival. Maybe someone casually watched them one week ago without even knowing the name of the director. So it's important.

And why you don't write Chalamet is an Oscar nominated actor, Austin Butler is that guy from Elvis, Bardem won an Oscar. These gave prestige, this sells...why the Oscars even exists othewise?.

They are just starting to get marketing ramped up again, so I’m not really worried at this point. 

However, the number of YT trailer views for the 3rd trailer are quite low. Not sure how much stock to put in that, but it is something to be mindful about. 

Dune Part One is reportedly getting a re-release around February 9th, and earlier in other countries. May include 10 Mins from Part Two.

I did find this listing from the Museum of Discovery and Science in Florida: https://mods.org/movies/dune1/#:~:text=Opening February 9!,visions of a dark future.

• Like 1

On 12/18/2023 at 1:49 PM, Squire said:

They are just starting to get marketing ramped up again, so I’m not really worried at this point. 

However, the number of YT trailer views for the 3rd trailer are quite low. Not sure how much stock to put in that, but it is something to be mindful about. 

I wouldn't put much stock in it. It's a movie with built-in audience. Who wants to see it will see it and that worked well for Pt 1 despite the pandemic. 

3 hours ago, Valonqar said:

I wouldn't put much stock in it. It's a movie with built-in audience. Who wants to see it will see it and that worked well for Pt 1 despite the pandemic. 

Yeah it's the third trailer. The trailer views always go down with each trailer for a movie. And the whole youtube  views are low thing means nothing. There are many other ways people watch trailers  now. Facebook, Twitter, tik tok ect.